mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

What really annoys or gets to you with SRP?

SaltyFollicles

Level 26
SaltyFollicles
SaltyFollicles
Notable
another thing: elitism based on detailrp, or being in a faction, or being in a certain family. its minecraft roleplay. you're not the top 1%, humble yourselves
detailrp has no substance rn because most common way ppl do it is just a bullet list of the actions that are happening icly change my mind

uta

Level 104
wavestalker
wavestalker
Omega+
also i forgot to add when people refuse to hear others' opinions out and firmly believe that their opinion is 100% correct and that everyone else's is irrelevant and then start attacking said person for sharing their opinion bc it doesnt align with theirs

5SHU

Level 104
5SHU
5SHU
Omega
also i forgot to add when people refuse to hear others' opinions out and firmly believe that their opinion is 100% correct and that everyone else's is irrelevant and then start attacking said person for sharing their opinion bc it doesnt align with theirs
Dude that’s so me. And how I get 90 warns

5SHU

Level 104
5SHU
5SHU
Omega
another thing: elitism based on detailrp, or being in a faction, or being in a certain family. its minecraft roleplay. you're not the top 1%, humble yourselves
And that’s how I’m doing something evil

Popo

Level 35
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
I wish to revive this topic once again, previously in another thread, I expressed my hatred for combat and troll keybinds— However, other keybinds with the intention of having more comfort such as /feed, /carry, sports team keybinds, and etc. were fine.

Truthfully; there would be a lot to uncover here. Starting with the crime faction, arguably one of the biggest factions up to date and nothing can compete against that. A faction known to have a somewhat disliked reputation among the populace of SchoolRP, and that derives from the “GangRPers” who sought to go after permissions and spam keybinds— Thankfully, a lot of them have either gotten banned or quit altogether due to the recent updates that provoked their favourite parts about gang roleplay. Nevertheless, some of those players still remain within the server and those are ones I dislike, purely because they give the crime faction a bad image.

Second, a lot of people that tend to argue about not being able to go against the police officers in-game. Well, what do you expect? They were never meant to be fought one on one, and aren't meant to be fought at all hence the advantages they have— Nevertheless, the police department has been heavily nerfed over the years: Going from having a vest that could deflect katanas, riot shields, glocks, ballistic masks, and tasers to only having a gas mask, riot shield, taser, and tranquilizers (for certain ranks, SGT+).

Yet, that's not really my point. You can build a storyline with a lot of officers, they are willing to roleplay with you. You, as a crime roleplayer, need to take the initiative for this. A lot of my planned events were built on motive of solid ground, the consent of other officers, and the construction of the sequences that each and every event had. So what I am proposing here is less of a ‘What I dislike about SRP’, and more about the crime faction needing to change the norm entirely. There are so many things you can do with motive and consent as long as others are willing to roleplay with you, you just need to take the initiative in the first place.

The crime faction isn't just about entering powerplant and instigating to knock someone out. The crime faction isn't about baiting permissions to knock someone out or to break their leg.

This is the only faction with so much room for intuitiveness. This is the only faction that isn't as limited as other factions, so much potential and yet none of it is taken granted.

Here are a few things ”you” can do as a crime or gang roleplayer:
- Character Development, whether that's through a huge loss that was provoked by a rival gang member. This can be done through motive and consent.
- Torture Roleplay, sure, a little gory in a sense. However, suppose that you do have the permissions and motive, there's so much potential with this form of roleplay.
- Gang Brawls, Wars, etc. — This is a very sensitive topic on my part, seeing as most wars turn toxic over time which tends to ruin the roleplay aspect overall.
- Developing Relations with other organisations such as the embedded BMD. — Although this task might be a little difficult, maybe if your character gains their attention, you will be able to become a black market associate that allows you to gain access to most of the dealers and their fellow associates!

I only mentioned four because those are the only things that came up to mind at this very moment. However, there are many more things within the crime faction that ’you’ can participate in: You can apply to become a fighter in the fight club and gain a reputation for throwing hands. You can become a street racer and run away from police officers whilst escaping their spikes and vehicle pursuits. You can be security at the crime clinic to see what the accustomed clinicians can do to help their patients whilst taking a risk yourself!

-kam

Level 84
I wish to revive this topic once again, previously in another thread, I expressed my hatred for combat and troll keybinds— However, other keybinds with the intention of having more comfort such as /feed, /carry, sports team keybinds, and etc. were fine.

Truthfully; there would be a lot to uncover here. Starting with the crime faction, arguably one of the biggest factions up to date and nothing can compete against that. A faction known to have a somewhat disliked reputation among the populace of SchoolRP, and that derives from the “GangRPers” who sought to go after permissions and spam keybinds— Thankfully, a lot of them have either gotten banned or quit altogether due to the recent updates that provoked their favourite parts about gang roleplay. Nevertheless, some of those players still remain within the server and those are ones I dislike, purely because they give the crime faction a bad image.

Second, a lot of people that tend to argue about not being able to go against the police officers in-game. Well, what do you expect? They were never meant to be fought one on one, and aren't meant to be fought at all hence the advantages they have— Nevertheless, the police department has been heavily nerfed over the years: Going from having a vest that could deflect katanas, riot shields, glocks, ballistic masks, and tasers to only having a gas mask, riot shield, taser, and tranquilizers (for certain ranks, SGT+).

Yet, that's not really my point. You can build a storyline with a lot of officers, they are willing to roleplay with you. You, as a crime roleplayer, need to take the initiative for this. A lot of my planned events were built on motive of solid ground, the consent of other officers, and the construction of the sequences that each and every event had. So what I am proposing here is less of a ‘What I dislike about SRP’, and more about the crime faction needing to change the norm entirely. There are so many things you can do with motive and consent as long as others are willing to roleplay with you, you just need to take the initiative in the first place.

The crime faction isn't just about entering powerplant and instigating to knock someone out. The crime faction isn't about baiting permissions to knock someone out or to break their leg.

This is the only faction with so much room for intuitiveness. This is the only faction that isn't as limited as other factions, so much potential and yet none of it is taken granted.

Here are a few things ”you” can do as a crime or gang roleplayer:
- Character Development, whether that's through a huge loss that was provoked by a rival gang member. This can be done through motive and consent.
- Torture Roleplay, sure, a little gory in a sense. However, suppose that you do have the permissions and motive, there's so much potential with this form of roleplay.
- Gang Brawls, Wars, etc. — This is a very sensitive topic on my part, seeing as most wars turn toxic over time which tends to ruin the roleplay aspect overall.
- Developing Relations with other organisations such as the embedded BMD. — Although this task might be a little difficult, maybe if your character gains their attention, you will be able to become a black market associate that allows you to gain access to most of the dealers and their fellow associates!

I only mentioned four because those are the only things that came up to mind at this very moment. However, there are many more things within the crime faction that ’you’ can participate in: You can apply to become a fighter in the fight club and gain a reputation for throwing hands. You can become a street racer and run away from police officers whilst escaping their spikes and vehicle pursuits. You can be security at the crime clinic to see what the accustomed clinicians can do to help their patients whilst taking a risk yourself!
fookin real

robinzee

Level 25
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I think a lot of my issues with SRP come down to the tribal aspect of it all. The way that inter-faction roleplay rarely occurs, groups being wary of accepting other players, an us-vs-them mentality, an almost insatiable urge for some people to point towards new players ("greenies") and dislike them for no reason other than their playtime.

I'm lucky in that I've found a place where people do like me (I think), but I don't know if I'd be able to do it again. I feel that groups should always be open towards accepting new people, fresh perspectives and be open not to just including them, flaws and all, but also teaching them to do better, to know better. That's the only way to foster a healthy community, I think -- be open and kind. They don't know what's going on.

Ruin

Level 106
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
I think a lot of my issues with SRP come down to the tribal aspect of it all. The way that inter-faction roleplay rarely occurs, groups being wary of accepting other players, an us-vs-them mentality, an almost insatiable urge for some people to point towards new players ("greenies") and dislike them for no reason other than their playtime.

I'm lucky in that I've found a place where people do like me (I think), but I don't know if I'd be able to do it again. I feel that groups should always be open towards accepting new people, fresh perspectives and be open not to just including them, flaws and all, but also teaching them to do better, to know better. That's the only way to foster a healthy community, I think -- be open and kind. They don't know what's going on.
i agree with you, we should be hopemaxxing and being kind to people
(life only happens once guys, live a great one)

tayfun

Level 70
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
detailrp has no substance rn because most common way ppl do it is just a bullet list of the actions that are happening icly change my mind
depends on the roleplayer. some people detailrp for the sake of it, others do it to show you what makes their character tick. i like scrutinizing people's detailrp actions

Mo!

Level 14
sunsetskies_
sunsetskies_
Omega+
Whilst I appreciate the community as a whole, I do not appreciate the peoples attitude towards the community, the countless disrespect to the staff, dev workers and people who try and make the server a playable base for everyone here. Like others above have said, they are only human and are not working robots to make you happy, they do this because they enjoy it and because they want to make SRP a playable base.

Another thing that icks me, going to people who are friends with staff and asking to pass a message; please do not do this. As someone who has had this happen to themselves often in the past, It's disrespectful, we are not messengers, so... in other words, stop doing that and use the rightful way to contact staff, they deserve their own personal circle.

+ Several more little nitpicks but, ^ are my main points.

ErikFinster

Level 121
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Middle-aged people spending their free time on SRP.

5SHU

Level 104
5SHU
5SHU
Omega
Whilst I appreciate the community as a whole, I do not appreciate the peoples attitude towards the community, the countless disrespect to the staff, dev workers and people who try and make the server a playable base for everyone here. Like others above have said, they are only human and are not working robots to make you happy, they do this because they enjoy it and because they want to make SRP a playable base.

Another thing that icks me, going to people who are friends with staff and asking to pass a message; please do not do this. As someone who has had this happen to themselves often in the past, It's disrespectful, we are not messengers, so... in other words, stop doing that and use the rightful way to contact staff, they deserve their own personal circle.

+ Several more little nitpicks but, ^ are my main points.
Real 2nd one

robinzee

Level 25
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
Middle-aged people spending their free time on SRP.
I have no issues with older people spending their time on SRP -- it's just a hobby like any other. What does make me raise an eyebrow is when they do questionable things such as RomanceRP with minors and/or less mature people.

Users who are viewing this thread