Level 32
Community Team
Builder
RandomlyAccepted
RandomlyAccepted
Omega+
IGN (In-Game Name): dontpayurtaxes

Previous bans:
I was banned for toxicity towards a faction, during that time I was doing horribly mentally and couldn’t control my emotions nor how to express them properly. I wasn’t getting the proper help I needed and everything just spiraled out of my control due to lots of factors, not just what happened in EMS. Though I was banned for toxicity it's not who I am, I was just in a horrible state during that time and I am doing much better than I was before. I want to completely forget what happened in the past and start anew, what happened will never happen again and during my time I was banned I have learned from my mistakes.

Describe your activity on the server?:
I am very active on the server and on for multiple hours a day. I am on every single day for about 5-6+ hours, it really depends on when I wake up but it is usually longer. I have 4 accounts and try to span my activity towards them all out but I am primarily on my main or shrine account. On my main account I am usually roleplaying with my character friends or working on the cooking club. On RandomlyDenied I am a professor and don’t really get on that account unless I wanna teach or if any family is on and I will roleplay with them. On dontpayurtaxes I roleplay as Hae-Jung Maeng, the character that I am applying for on EMS, and I've been slowly getting more active on this account due to having a reason to roleplay her. Finally on StopPayingTaxes I am a shrine maiden and usually this is my second most active account as I try to get on every couple of days.

In the past when I was EMS I was very active. I was on everyday without fail unless I was gone which was pretty rare, I was also on for multiple hours usually about 5+ hours a day. If I get accepted back onto EMS I will be very active on that account due to loving medical roleplay a lot. Though I am in 2 other factions I will be able to balance out getting enough quotes every month and being active on each account, though I will most likely focus lots of my attention towards EMS and if at any point that I cannot get enough quotas from being multiple factions, I am willing to leave one to focus on EMS.

Which timezone are you in?:
PST

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?:
RandomlyAcceptedd#4389

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I do have a microphone and I am willing to use it.

List your current and past applications:
(dontpayurtaxes) Chinese App - Accepted
(RandomlyAccepted) Czech App - Accepted
(RandomlyAccepted) 3rd Language Slot - Accepted
(StopPayingTaxes) JSL App - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) JSL App - Accepted
(StopPayingTaxes) Shrine Maiden App - Accepted
(RandomlyAccepted) JSL App - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) Professor App 4 - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) JSL App - Denied
(dontpayurtaxes) Professor App 3 - Accepted
(dontpayurtaxes) JSL App - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) Jin App - Denied
(dontpayurtaxes) Professor App 2 - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) EMS Nurse App - Accepted in DMs
(RandomlyDenied) Spanish App - Denied
(RandomlyAccepted) Event Team App 2 - Accepted
(RandomlyAccepted) Prosthetic Leg App - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) - Korean App - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) - Professor App 1 - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) - Korean App - Denied
(RandomlyAccepted) - Event Team App 1 - Denied
(RandomlyAccepted) - Russian App - Accepted

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:
I have tons of experience with detailed roleplay including medical roleplay. During my time in the past as EMS I could easily do 2-3 actions in about 1 min depending on the situation. Other complex procedures I can go up to 4-6 actions, once again depending on the procedure I was doing. I usually can write my actions extremely quickly as I know what the steps are to do it, procedures that I wasn’t 100% sure what to do. It might take me a bit longer but I still would quickly do them. I would also never copy and paste my actions, the only time I did something similar is that I was treating multiple broken bones and wanted to go to sleep. Another experience is cooking club and that my character likes to cook. When I do cooking roleplay I try to make it fun instead of just going step by step. Finally, I do lots of detail roleplay on shrine due including things to making tea and doing offerings.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our current team?:
My main motivation for applying to EMS is because I miss the medical roleplay a lot. In the past when I was EMS I really enjoyed doing realistic medical roleplay and allowing players to be a part of it instead of just doing an action and that's it. I want to work in medicine in real life, mainly something emergency/ trauma related and because how the server is sometimes a lot of work is trauma related and it made me enjoy it a lot. Being in EMS actually helped me learn a lot about the medical side, I learned a lot more about certain conditions and procedures. Another main motivation of mine is working with a team, though it didn't happen much the few times it has it was one of the best moments in EMS and I hope if I do get accepted back into EMS this could happen again. I would benefit on the EMS team due to my high knowledge of medical skills. Because I have such a high interest in medicine and can very easily hyperfocus on a subject relating to that I can quickly learn. I have applied to be a doctor again, one thing that also is a huge benefit is that I do remember everything from being a doctor last time beside a few things. Another reason why I could benefit from being on EMS is because of my activity, I am very active on SRP and in the past I was on EMS almost every single day for multiple hours, being accepted back I can do that again. I am also to get on 95% of the time when EMS is needed. There are other smaller things such as I can very quickly write out long detailed actions as I know what I am doing. I know in the past my ending with EMS wasn't the best, but I am hoping you are willing to give me a chance despite everything happening, I miss a faction a lot.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Psychiatrist):
I am applying for the doctor position

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:
A doctor's main job is to diagnose and treat illness of sick people of Karakura while to help maintain the health of all citizens. On SRP, doctors are mainly considered emergency room physicians but also internists along with being a primary health physician. This is because they do a variety of tasks that include ER work and office work, one moment they could treat someone with a stab wound and the next patient could just need a check up. Doctors can do most things, even minor surgery but they cannot do major surgery but to combat this they instead focus on doing check ups. Some common things that I did as a doctor on SRP would be suturing wounds, doing x-rays, casting limbs, doing MRI’s, stabilizing patients, and of course doing many check ups. Doctors also are supposed to work with the other departments but have a strong connection of working with the surgeons. They may refer patients to psychiatry but they may also assist surgeons in surgery.

Categorize all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:
Director
The director is the leader of the hospital and oversees everything below them. Their main job would be making sure that hospital staff is doing their job correctly, paying them, promoting and demoting staff, and keeping things like training updated.

Clinical Manager
The clinical manager is the second person in charge of the hospital and an assistant to the director.

Clinical Lead
The clinical lead is the head of their department. They overlook their entire department and deal with issues alongside it. They make sure everything is running smoothly in their department, they also promote people in their department and choose who will be accepted by applications.

Head Department
I will be 100% honest, I am not sure what the head does. The clinical lead and head sound like the same job but I am pretty sure head departments are an assistant to the clinical lead and help them out when needed and help train when needed too.

Attending
An attending is a fully trained doctor who has finished their residency. Some duties that an attending would do is confirm orders of treatment and they also train the residents and on SchoolRP they usually just train the new EMS.

Surgeon
A surgeon is someone who performs surgery on the citizens who need it. A surgeon on SRP would be considered all surgery fields, though they primarily do orthopedic surgery and general surgery, and sometimes neurosurgery. A surgeon also can treat more major wound trauma like gunshot wounds and stab wounds with the organs. Though doctors can do minor surgery surgeons can do all sorts of surgery. I like to think of a surgeon as an advanced doctor that can do surgery.

Doctor
A doctor's function is to diagnose and treat citizens and also help them maintain their health. As doctors on SRP are technically considered emergency room physicians and internists, not only do they diagnose and treat, but they also help citizens who are in emergencies and need help. They also do other minor things like using the MRI and doing x-rays, including casting and setting bones! Doctors may also do minor surgery such as doing a biopsy and treating certain breaks.

Psychiatrist
A psychiatrist is a doctor who treats and diagnoses conditions relating to mental health. They give citizens therapy and help them through hard times such as trauma. They can prescribe medications that help with mental help such as antipsychotics. Psychs are also trained to do basic ER skills such as stabilizing someone until a doctor or surgeon can take over.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I do acknowledge that I am subjected to being demoted at any time.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes, I was EMS in the past and I was very dedicated to the role and will be dedicated to the role if accepted again.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I do acknowledge if training is being belt while I am online I must attend or I will be punished

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, I do acknowledge to not take things OOCly when dealing with training or situations

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Zahra Sakurako is a charming old lady, she worked at the hospital for the majority of her life and doesn’t seem like she wants to retire anytime soon. She is 73 years old, and despite her age she is in decent health but with a few health issues here and there. When you talk to her she seems happy and calm, talking in a soft tone which would bring a calming aurora around. She seems cheerful, which makes people enjoy being around her and she loves to talk about her past and what she has experienced as a doctor and even becoming a maiko in her younger years. Zahra is a very smart individual, she knows many traditional arts such as shamisen and nihon-buyo but also academically she is successful in human biology of sorts. Not only does she have her certification becoming a doctor she also has one as a wound care nurse.

Zahra is an old Japanese female that stands at a whopping height of 5 '3. Faint wrinkles would span across her body and she looked in her early 70s. She has an advanced prosthetic hand which she lost during a kidnapping incident while working as a nurse in Karakura. The front of her body is more broad and has wider angles at the shoulder, she also has a slender shape to it. Short gray hair with faint curls and a very slight hint of faded purple hair would be noticeable on her head. A smile would be plastered across her face at all times with a pink gloss on her lips. She wears sparkling diamond earring studs that was a gift from her mother, you usually would see her wearing her uniform but when she is out and about she prefers to wear kimonos.

What are they like on and off the job?
ON DUTY - Zahra remains professional while on duty at all times but she will try to make it fun once a while if it's quiet and boring. While waiting for patients, Zahra may communicate and get to know her co-workers but as a patient comes in she will focus all her attention onto them. While treating patients she likes to talk to them and get to know them as building a bond can help gain trust which can be very handy in the future. She wants the very best for her patients, this is why she tries to spend as much time with them and make sure they are doing alright. Despite being very nice to patients and such, when it becomes a time where she needs to be strict she will not hesitate doing so.

OFF DUTY - Zahra doesn’t go off duty much as she would prefer to work in the hospital but during the times that she is off duty she would first ALWAYS make a trip up to the shrine and pray. Typically when she is off duty she is with her friends and/or family but other times can be because of events or even family emergencies. During the times that she isn’t with anyone she might be relaxing at the shrine or other parts of Karakura. She typically wears a kimono off duty, and it is very rare to see her wearing anything else besides that and her uniform.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?
Zahra respects her co-workers and hopes they will respect her too. She knows having a good relationship with her co-workers is very important in working as a team so even if she doesn’t like one of her co-workers she will try to disregard it but if it becomes severe enough she will properly deal with it. Due to Zahra's age she might not have that much longer, though she is hoping she can live as long as possible and always wanted to become the oldest person in Japan. Because of her age, she isn’t too sure about her future. She doesn’t want to plan anything long term as there is always a possibility that she might not be able to do it.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgment to?
PTSD - Zahra has C-PTSD due to multiple traumatic experiences in Karakura. This would include her being kidnapped, co-workers dying, and almost dying in the sewers. She also has PTSD from her husband's death as everything was so sudden. Despite having PTSD it doesn’t affect her work that much and only has issues going into the forest as that where the kidnapping happened. She goes to therapy when she starts experiencing more episodes.

HYPERTENSION - Zahra has hypertension, despite being in good health she has it because of her old age. She takes medications for it which controls it and doesn’t cause major issues.

BACKSTORY
Zahra Sakurako was born in Gion, Kyoto in 1949. She grew up in a very traditional family some would say as her mother taught nihon-buyo and her father was a surgeon. At a young age Zahra fell in love with Maiko and traditional Japanese dance, because of this she set out to become a Maiko when she graduated Junior High. In school, she did very well and eventually fell in love with science, mainly biology. Because of this she was very inbetween of becoming a Maiko or working in medicine. She wanted a successful career and to make lots of money but she enjoyed doing traditional Japanese dance and learning the arts too. Because of this, her mother signed her up for many traditional arts classes. She took many classes in things like traditional Japanese dance, kimono, shamisen, koto, calligraphy and many more. She enjoyed them all, and eventually got a few certifications which made her a kimono and tea master a bit later in her life. After graduating Junior high, she set out to become a Maiko. She was nervous at first but after an okaasan took her in and made her felt close to home. The first few months were a very rough process, she had to learn many rules and etiquette and took many classes which did stress her out. Not only that, she had to take care of her older sisters which she never got any praise from. After a year of training as a Shikomi-san she finally became a Minari-san and made her debut as a Junior Maiko of Miyagawa-cho.

She continued training as a Maiko for another year before leaving the Okiya as she couldn’t handle the stress anymore. She went back to Senior High, she was already a few years behind but eventually caught up pretty quickly and became popular in class as she was once a Maiko. She told her parents she wanted to become a doctor, they were disappointed in her leaving the Okiya but eventually forgave her after learning she was going into medicine. She failed the university entrance exam and took them a year later. She was very embarrassed but it was bound to happen after missing 2 years of senior high. She managed to get accepted into Kyoto University which she studied at for 6 long years and in 1977 she graduated medical school and started her journey in residency. During her rotations in medical school though, she fell in love with emergency medicine which she did her residency in. 4 years later, she finished and became an intern and eventually an attending. She worked at the same hospital for about 40 years and got many promotions and eventually became the Chief of Emergency Medicine. In 1985 she started to have issues with her funds, and because of this she went back to school for a short period of time, still working as a Chief of EM, and became a RN which she then got a wound care certification. As she continued to work as the Chief of EM she also worked part time as a wound care nurse. During her time working in the hospital she met someone named Takahashi, he was also a chief but for Dermatology and eventually fell in love with him and got married.

He took her last name, becoming a Sakurako. They were married and had a few children, including Andre and Zhang but in late November evening, disaster struck. While both at home, Takahashi went into sudden cardiac arrest and despite Zahra best resuscitation efforts, he was pronounced dead shortly after arriving in the hospital. This made Zahra depressed, eventuallying taking off almost a full year off to fully recover from his death but Zahra wasn’t always like herself afterwards. She continued to work in the hospital, doing her best to balance out being Chief and a wound care nurse. In late 2020 she learned that both her sons, Andre and Zhang, moved to Karakura and she eventually moved to Karakura and worked as a nurse to be with them. She worked as a nurse for about 4 months before getting bored and retaking her certification license to become a doctor. In Karakura she witnessed a lot which has developed into PTSD. As a nurse she was kidnapped in which her clinical lead died and her hand got chopped off. Zahra also witnessed deaths of her close friends and co-workers, 2 of the main ones being Konaji and Nicholei. Other experiences she has had in Karakura would be also almost dying in the sewers due to it crashing onto her. Despite all her experiences and such she enjoyed living in Karakura, it was much different and had lots of action then other parts of Japan. She eventually left the hospital due to her health becoming poor but now as it is better she wants to spend the rest of her years out in Karakura.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name
: Zahra Sakurako
Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss): Miss, Dr (Preferred)
Characters Given Name(s): Zahra
Characters Preferred Name: Zahra

Characters Age: 73 Years Old
Characters Gender: Female
Characters Religious Domination: Shinto
Characters Marital Status: Widowed
Characters Nationality: Japanese

SECTION 2: Academic Details
Years of Residency:

4 Years - Emergency Medicine
Working Experience(s):
41 Years in-hospital experience (Emergency room physical & Wound care nurse)

Academic Degree: MD
Year of Graduation: 1977
Major(s): Medicine
Minor(s): Nursing

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: JSL​

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED
We appreciate your interest in the Hospital Faction, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reason(s):

- There are some issues regarding your reputation and history.
We recommend that you improve your reputation before applying again.

Users who are viewing this thread