players online

luvingher | Psychiatrist Application

buvet

Level 11

KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name): luvingher

Previous bans:
DOXXING 06/19/20 - This incident occurred almost two years ago, I can completely account for my actions and say what I did was immature and completely out of line which has been proven as I haven’t been banned since as you can read in the appeal.

Describe your activity on the server?:
I’m fairly active on the server and I’d say I’m online almost every day if on my lovingherr account, the reason for this, is I am on the HS-Volleyball Team on this account so it's quite frequently that I’m in a roleplay situation and easier to make friends on a highschool account. Luvingher is the account I use for any adult tags or factions, so it’s not common for my friends, all in high school or college, to interact logically. Sometimes I get off if everyone I know is asleep, however, if I’m ever needed I check discord frequently for any shop openings or people needing me online. I just got a better laptop as well, so my activity is way higher now that I don't avoid getting online because my launcher takes around a year to load.

Which timezone are you in?:
Pacific Standard Time (PST)

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?:
I do, my tag is bells#3291.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes.

List your current and past applications:

ACCEPTED:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/__rileys-teacher-application.37189/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/__okaserror-culinary-application-subject-change.39468/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-ban-appeal.26783/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-ban-appeal.21981/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-language-application.21062/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/duckrps-language-application.18152/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/luvinghers-reporter-application.48080/

DENIED:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/meraki-restaurant-application.47176/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-language-application.21062/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-language-application.22890/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/interracial-club.45933/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/event-team-application-lovingherr.49787/#post-171257

PENDING:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lovingherr-literature-club-application.50742/

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:
Although I always say I’m not very good, I actively have been spending time detailing with any prompt to attempt to get feedback and criticism. Even if I feel I need work, I will and currently do spend time improving even if people say it’s not needed. I feel there is always room to improve in my situation. Adding on, due to JockRP and typical rivalry situations, I tend to use detail to amp up the excitement and remain professional. Lately, I have tried to use it more especially in regular conversations, and have been trying to upgrade my personal descriptive vocabulary the best I can. In summary, I’m relatively good but still attempting to get better.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our current team?:
I've always admired the work that the psychiatrists do at hospitals especially OOCly, a lot of people I know whether that be friends or family have gotten a lot of help from psychiatrists and I admire how much patience they have especially with those struggling mentally with old age, addiction, and more. Now, on SRP of course people aren't always accurate on the mental illnesses or substance abuse, however, I feel they do an amazing job with working for said patients and always give people respect as long as they aren’t a crazy troller. I understand they also can’t always be realistic as most are still in high school while they have this tag, but I have gotten an appointment with the ICly before and they always seemed to know what they were doing. I want to be able to help people just like former and current EMS workers on SRP have helped me, especially when I have a character who needs it. It really pulls together a roleplay experience and makes it even more realistic. Now, as you probably have heard many times, when I’m online I notice a lot of the time the psychiatrists are either busy or offline. As I said above, I’m usually always online and if accepted I plan to be online anytime I’m not needed on my main. I want to give my full attention to the EMS faction and the citizens that need me. I want to be able to grow from where I am now in terms of knowledge when it comes to being a Psychiatrist and DetailRPing and advance along with my co-workers. I believe I can add on the real dedication and not only help myself grow, but anyone else I can. I plan to not only bring the optimism to put up with citizens, but dedication, confidence in my abilities, and the best work ethic I can. This faction is outstanding, and I believe I can really add to it and maybe even be the motivation for any future members on the roster.

Adding on, I have been playing SchoolRP since 2019, a total of around four years. During my time on the server, I had been a gangrper for roughly two or three years, a teacher, and a news reporter. In the upcoming years, my skills and personality in terms of maturity, responsibility, and detail lacked considerably, but now I feel I have the qualification that is demanded to detail any action needed and the maturity to remain professional all at the same time. In terms of what I do OOCly that will be a great qualification, in the upcoming year I am taking psychology and biomedical science! This was purely by chance but after doing research, I feel this will genuinely help me when the time comes. As everyone has seen, being an EMS worker requires a big vocabulary of descriptive words and a bit more than the basics in terms of descriptive actions. So, I feel that being able to grow with what I already know will be a great addition to the faction. All of my work at previous factions really added to where I am today. I feel that being on EMS would push me further to excel in my literature and ability to roleplay as this is a faction I have never properly done on any server yet. Gladly, if accepted, I plan to push myself to be the best I can be and grow in every way the faction allows me.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Psychiatrist):
Currently, I am applying for the Psychiatrist role.

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:
Psychiatrists are really involved in the sense of priority and understanding of mental health and similar categories on the obvious and unknown factors of their patients. They are particularly prepared and receive proper education on mental health and anything revolving around it. Psychiatrists do many things but mainly they are there to help diagnose anything the patient has going on mentally and will be there to help with the treatment of the proper diagnosis. However, as many people know, they can also professionally help people receive mental support such as therapy sessions and more.

Categorize all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:
Director
The Director of the EMS field in any hospital works as an administrative oversight to the workers. In summary, they control everything within said hospital and arent limited to a category of workers like the Clinical Leads, instead, they do important tasks like manage general operations and keep in check with the hospital and staff.

Clinical Manager
Clinical Managers of any hospital faction ensure that anything to do with their department is working the most efficiently, adequately, and of the best quality they can. Adding on, they work as hard as each medical employee in the hospital and without them, some things within the hospital may not be meeting the standards the client and staff require.

Clinical Lead
Clinical Leads, of course, lead and/or manage a certain group of medical professionals. For example, there is an individual lead for the Psychiatrists, Surgeons, and Doctors. This is to ensure there is extra supervision on each group and so that it can be a bit easier to ensure that certain team is meeting the required standard and that they have everything they need to keep up said standard.

Surgeons
Surgeons and doctors are commonly mixed up. However, the big thing that differs them is that a surgeon, of course, evaluates and treats conditions/diseases/and more by going through with surgery and/or altering the human body. A big part of being a surgeon is remaining calm and focused at all times, even the smallest mistake can become quite horrible. Another significant part of the job is remaining in tune with the patient's body and also communicating with the team of doctors and nurses to ensure the procedure goes smoothly.

Doctor
The job of a doctor may not seem as important as the surgeon due to the way I described them before, however, they totally are. Doctors still do rather complex things, such as tending to injuries, stitching a wound, and more minor issues. Before a patient sees the surgeon, they have to go through appointments, diagnoses, and even medication. Who gets this done? Doctors! Doctors go through the whole process of finding out what is wrong with someone and most of the time get the solution through medication, minor procedures, and more.

Psychiatrist
Doctors and Surgeons take care of things that are mainly in the psychical health range, however, a Psychiatrist takes care of any mental health issues. Such as but not limited to therapy, diagnosing mental health conditions, and treating the said condition. Mental health is super important, especially in modern times, so a psychiatrist is super important in any hospital much like any other medical professional.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?:
Yes, I absolutely understand and take accountability for any reason why.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?:
Yes, I genuinely and gladly will.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished?:
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?:
Absolutely, yes.

In-Character (IC) Section
CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?:
Many describe her as caring, solicitous, understanding, and either annoying or hilarious. Her face can be her biggest problem at times, especially when it comes to meeting new citizens. Naturally, her eyebrows are bold and give off a sort of fiery persona to her, and her eyes add to that in a sense. In summary, a lot of the time she looks angry or upset. However, Akila is completely the opposite in an everyday situation. She strives for confidence and contentment, and she’s always tried to help her friends get that same amount of confidence that she always has. Due to this confidence, many people think she is mean, and her angry resting facade doesn’t help. Akila has always been gentle, considerate, and uplifting. Although, sometimes she gets overly sarcastic at an attempt to joke around, though this is only with close friends! Akila has a very strange sense of humor but she always seems to make people laugh when needed. She’s an African-Egyptian woman, with a warm glow to her. Her natural dark complexion has a warm undertone, so you can always see her in gold jewelry, and her clothes are always in some sort of warm color to compliment her skin tone. A strip of her hair is in fact dyed a maroon shade, and she always has earrings on to flatter her and add something interesting to her face. Another noticeable addition to her countenance is a nose ring pierced on her septum. Akila is secure with how she looks, but she’s always loved makeup trends so she's not afraid to wear some! Although, her sleeping schedule is not the best.. So you won't see her in full glam at work! On most days, her dark spots are concealed, eyelashes curled, and lips coated in some generic lipgloss she yanked off a shelf. Akila is very spiritual too, you’ll often get lost in a rabbit hole of conversation on crystals, spiritual protection, and anything she can get you to listen about. All of these features are another reason why the younger generation is so enthusiastic about her as well, they can relate to the way she presents herself and the humor she always seems to have if in an appropriate situation.

What are they like on and off the job?:
On the job, Akila is a bit more professional and tries to keep the humor down but still attempts at uplifting not only herself but others around her. She always tries to remain positive, and if that's inappropriate in the situation, she becomes a bit more reserved and comforting if required. Off shift, she makes jokes every other second and seems to always be in a good mood no matter what anyone says. Of course, if she isn't in a good mood, she tries to separate herself and calm down before she interacts with anyone again. Akila always wants people to know she's there for them and never wants anyone to have a damaging interaction or experience with her. She always tries to handle anything unfavorable by herself, never wanting to put that on her friends or co-workers.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?:
She holds her co-workers at a great value and has immense respect for them, with all they do, she feels that's deserved! Akila respects her co-workers due to the fact they have to do serious tasks and as she did, they all came a long way to help the citizens of Karakura. She always tries to make sure they feel respected! As for her plans, she wants to get a comfortable living situation and one day raise a family, whether that be on her own or with a partner. She’s always loved kids, and one day, when she is in the financial spot to be able to do so, she’ll raise a few more Sakina’s! Till then, she plans to be the best psychiatrist she can be and help the youth and anyone in Karakura that needs her.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgment to?:
No, she does not.

BACKSTORY
  • Akila’s mother was an African-American teenager, and her dad was a few months older than her mother and came from Egypt. He had been in an international schooling program, and he and Akila’s mother had gotten closer over the months. Even when he had to go back home, they kept in contact via email as it had just gained population. Eventually, her mother got enough money and approval to move to Egypt. Three years later, Akila was born. With a stable income from both, her mother and father had enough to travel around the continent. Eventually, they made their way to Asia over the years and raised Akila in Japan. As she started schooling, English was practically dropped in their family, and Akila and her parents learned Japanese from her school and city classes. When they had the time, her father taught them both Arabic in case they ever visited her father’s side of the family.​
  • Karakura being as it is, Akila had seen many violent acts performed on people in the city and been witness to many things that happen even today in Karakura. Being the type that avoids any conflict, she kept quiet about anything she saw and looked the other way remaining focused on schooling and making sure she didn’t get wrapped up in anything that could push her off said path. What type of person was she? Everyone knew Akila as that confident and full of power type of girl. She strived for high scholar positions and the will to make a change. No matter what anyone said, she ignored it and boosted herself and others. Akila wanted people to be held accountable, wanted people to get justice, wanted to help those in terms of education, and of course, help those struggling mentally who didn't want to talk about it with someone like a school counselor. Most people trusted her, which was a great feeling for her. Having people put trust in her was the best part of her high school days and she was grateful that people felt like they could come to talk to her. Although, even if most liked her, Akila had a hard time in school and struggled with making friends at first due to her clear difference from other students being her complexion and race. Students mixed with Asian were common in Karakura at the time, but, Akila wasn’t mixed with Asian at all so her features were quite new to her peers and a lot of people said rude things out of blatant disrespect or micro-aggression. Thankfully, she usually ignored them to protect her academic record. After a year or two, people got used to Akila, and sometimes people would say comments but she managed to push through like she always did and make friends and live a relatively normal life in Karakura. Akila always emotionally helped her friends, suppressing her own trauma and choosing to forget it the best she could. Of course, she knew this wasn't healthy. However, she didn't want to put pressure on herself or financial strain. Plus, back then mental help such as therapy wasn't really talked about in her family. So, she pushed herself to get the best grade on any assignment, did extra credit, joined sports, and joined after-school clubs. This made her an excellent student and someone the underclassman even looked up to. It also looked great for what course of education she went for, that being, the EMS field. At first, she wasn't sure what exactly she wanted to do revolving around the EMS field. However, what really spoke to her was mental health and psychology. As you can tell, she went for the psychiatrist position and remained as always, focused on her goals.​

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:
Akila Sakina

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss Sakina

Characters Given Name(s):
Kila and/or simply Aki

Characters Preferred Name:
Akila

Characters Age:

Characters Gender:
Female

Characters Religious Domination:
N/A

Characters Marital Status:
N/A

Characters Nationality:
African-Egyptian

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency:

12 years

Working Experience(s):

– Waitress during college/med-school/residency for 10 years.

— Medical Receptionist during the final 2 years of residency

Academic Degree:
PhD Degree

Year of Graduation:
HS - 2010

Major(s):
Psychology

Minor(s):
Health Science
Mathematics

Native Languages: Arabic

Other Languages: Japanese

Last edited:

Escuzme

Level 193
Escuzme
Escuzme
Omega
We appreciate you taking the time to apply, and we hope you're glad to hear your application has been accepted!
Refer to the Emergency discord upon seeing this.​

Users who are viewing this thread