Level 12
diskou
diskou
Omega
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

ZittiEBuoni
(Other accounts: diskou, andersu, JEZINKY, TIKIBOMBOM)

What is your discord username?
andersunn

Describe your activity on the server:
I have been active on the server since March 2020, where I have assumed multiple roles on the server. In late 2020 to mid 2021 I was a Psychiatrist on my main account, which was named Ganguh at the time, then in the summer of 2021 opted to participate as an English teacher. In August 2021 I attempted to return as a psychiatrist again, but had to resign a few months later due to other commitments I had at the time. In fall of 2021 to spring of 2022 I assumed my first student-job role, working as a high school counselor. In additon to being a psychiatrist twice, an English teacher, and counselor, I have also worked in the KPD and as a reporter and school journalist. From summer 2022 to summer 2023 my activity was more sporadic as a result of my move to a new city, but now I am settled in and excited to become more active once again. I am currently more active on my main accounts, diskou and andersu , while I am online as ZittiEBuoni occasionally, with the intention to shift more of my attention to ZittiEBuoni upon assuming a city role again. Because of my current class schedule, I am fortunate enough to be able to log-on during peak hours, and also remain on until very late, meaning my availability is quite robust. If accepted, I fully intend to devote the majority of my time on the server to the role, because it is my favourite part of SchoolRP.

What is your timezone?:
MST (GMT-7)

List your current and past applications:
Psychiatrist Application [Accepted]
English Teacher [Accepted]
Psychiatrist (Return) [Accepted]
High School Council [Accepted]
Shopkeeper [Denied]
Police [Denied]
Reporter [Accepted]
Police [Accepted]
Psychiatrist (2022) [Denied]

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
Throughout my time on SchoolRP I have had the opportunity to explore multiple aspects of roleplay. While I do, indeed, have experience in forms of roleplay involving student life, teaching, and police, my experience in MedicalRP and DetailRP are the most extensive and important to my personal roleplaying styles. As a result of my foray into Psychiatry in previous years alongside the fact I am currently studying psychiatry in university, I am well versed in how to conduct myself as a psychiatrist. Additionally, because I worked as a psychiatrist during a time where psychiatrists were temporarily merged with the nurse role, I am familiar with several ways to DetailRP actions such as suturing and casting, knowledge which I have since retained. Aside from MedicalRP and DetailRP, which I still consistently use when roleplaying, I am also well-familiar with roleplaying as an older, more mature individual, and am well aware of how to conduct my character in a way that is reflective of his age, education, and occupation. I have been roleplaying as adult characters since 2020 on SRP, and more prior to joining SRP, so I am perfectly aware of how I should conduct myself and how to ensure my character does not behave like a child.

What is your motivation for applying?
Now that I have enough time to maintain activity on SchoolRP, I intend to work my way back into the community, and want to enter the hospital faction again because it was the job I was the most passionate about. In addition, I am currently studying psychology in university, so being able to apply what I learn in my studies provides an additional benefit. I have real-world experience and knowledge in the field of psychology, and wish to pursue the field in SchoolRP once again, as someone who now has significantly more knowledge in psychology. The team that exists in EMS in unlike any other faction, and I have continuously found myself wanted to rejoin the faction, and now that I finally have an opening in my schedule to allow me to devote great amounts of time, probably the most amount of time I have had in years, to the role and ensuring that the psychiatry department has another active member who takes the job seriously.

Which role are you applying for?
Psychiatrist

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
Relatively speaking, I hold a significant amount of knowledge in relation to hospital work because I have worked in EMS twice on the server. In addition, as stated earlier, I am actively studying psychology in university, meaning I have a relatively fleshed out skillset in psychology and the****utic methods, which prove useful when roleplaying as a Psychiatrist.

Equipment
Hospital staff utilize a large variety of equipment in order to make their job as efficient as possible. First, hospital workers utilize a radio system in order to communicate with one-another and with police. The radio is ensures communication is secure and efficient, and simplifies the flow of information throughout the greater emergency faction. The medkit is one of the most useful items EMS carry on their person, and its contents are applicable in many situations. The medkit is used to treat minor to moderate injuries, including suturing, bandaging, and treating burns. All members of EMS carry a medkit because it is vital in preventing small injuries from worsening. EMS also often carry inhalers and syringes containing various medications. These may be used to assist in a patient who requires certain medical treatments, such as someone with an asthma attack, or can be used to incapacitate a patient when they behave violently.

Roles
The hospital faction has experienced a variety of changes in roles, but at the current moment three broad categories exist. The doctors and surgeons cater to the physical side of healthcare. Whether it be treating wounds, creating casts for broken bones, or high-stakes surgical procedures, the doctor/surgeon roles are vital to ensuring the safety and health of Karakurans. Doctors also are able to offer checkups and vaccinations for citizens of Karakura, further opening up the opportunities for people to interact with doctors. The Psychiatrist role focuses on the mental side of personal health. Psychiatrists are primarily responsible for offering therapy to those who seek it, diagnose mental disorders, and find treatments for the mental disorders. They are the primary source to get prescriptions on drugs intended to assist in mental health and also are trained on treating minor injuries in the event that such treatment is necessary. The newest addition to the EMS faction is the paramedic, who are the first responders of the hospital worker faction. Paramedics are often first to arrive on the scene of an injury and utilize the ambulances to transport patients to the hospital. Paramedics are responsible for ensuring patients remain in a stable condition before they reach the hospital.

Ranks
The hierarchical system in Karakura Hospital has seen some adjustments in recent months to better reflect the real-life hierarchy of hospitals. The first tier are Residents, who are equivalent to trainees in the hospital field. Residents are receiving training from higher-ups in the hospital in order to better prepare them for hospital work. They are responsible for attending training sessions and learning how to navigate the job. Once the training period is over, residents take an exam to determine if they are able to continue work at the hospital. After resident comes the standard rank, which has no honorific title. These are the standard members of the role, and are responsible for carrying out standard duties within their realm. The next step up on the hospital ladder are Attending individuals. These people supervise the standard members of their department, and provide a clearer path to further advancement into the next highest ranks. Senior members of the department often oversee many aspects of training and supervise the attending members of their department. The Heads of Department are the second-highest ranked members in their respective departments. These people often also oversee training and are among the greatest authorities in their field. The Clinical Lead in each department is the highest rank in each department, and they are the most experienced and skilled members of their department. Clinical Leads often work on training and are able to make large decisions about their field. The Clinical Manager is similar to a “Vice-President” to the hospital. Making calls about a variety of different aspects in the hospital, the Clinical Manager is skilled in all departments and is capable of carrying out the majority of hospital duties. The highest rank in the hospital is the Hospital Director. The Hospital Director, much like the Clinical Manager, makes a variety of decisions about how the hospital is operated and is skilled in all departments.

In direct connection to the psychiatry field, I am well-versed in symptoms of varying disorders and the****utic methods, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and Exposure Therapy. I also fully know the criteria used to diagnose mental disorders and can apply them in roleplaying situations. In real life, I work with members of my university program, and in the past summer I had an internship with my psychiatrist, meaning i got to experience the dutirs of a psychiatrist in person, with such lessons being taken with me to any roleplaying situations I may end up in as a psychiatrist on SchoolRP. In addition, I did briefly enter the KPD in 2022, meaning I have a greater understanding of how EMS and KPD collaborate on both sides, and still recall how to utilize the radios and what situations require collaboration between the two factions. Of course, the EMS faction has seen several changes in the past two years, so I am ready and willing to learn the new ins-and-outs of working in EMS and expanding my knowledge.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Absolutely, the hospital staff role is important and should be treated as such.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes, anything else would be a conflict of interest.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, training is an important part of the job.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, there is a major separation between IC and OOC interactions.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Cyprien Gauthier

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Male | He/Him

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
[BS] Psychology
[BS] Biology
[MA] Psychology in Medicine
[PhD] Psychiatry

Character’s Nationality:
Japanese-Canadian

Character’s Marital Status:
Single, twice divorced

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Agnostic

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese
French
English

Backstory
[Full Biography]
Cyprien Gauthier (Pronounced [sipʁijɛ̃ gotje] [Seep'we'on Goat'tee'ay]) was born 5 April 1974 in Brossard, Quebec, Canada to a moderately troubled family. As a result of his troubled upbringing, as a younger man he was a somewhat troubled individual himself. He narrowly graduated from high school and opted to make money on the streets instead of pursuing higher education, which caused him to have several run-ins with the law. From ages eighteen to twenty, he had served time in prison as a result of his endeavors on the streets, but after being released, had chosen to turn his life around.
He opted to enroll in a university in Vancouver to achieve his dual bachelor’s in psychology and biology. During his undergraduate studies, he had chosen to transform himself into a peaceful, nature-loving young man, adopting the stereotypical standard culture that exists in the Cascade region. After completing his four-year degrees, he opted to take a gap year between studies, traveling to east Asia for the first time. While visiting nations such as China, Korea, Japan, and Singapore, he had discovered an innate desire to learn about cultures different from his own, and began developing a major interest in adopting traditions and languages from the places he visited. After completing his gap year, he returned to Canada to attend graduate school, aiming to achieve a Master’s degree in Psychology in Medicine. In his early thirties, he had two, albeit unplanned, daughters come into his life, and after a hefty custody battle, maintained custody over the two. With his two children in tow, he had moved to Ottawa to complete his doctorate, finally completing his full Psychiatry program when he was thirty-eight, and after maintaining a residency in the city for several years, finally moved full-time to Karakura, Japan.
He had worked in Karakura hospital as a psychiatrist before eventually opting to temporarily resign as a result of his mental health, which required catering-to at the time as a result of the loss of his late-fiancee and one of children. During this time of rest, he had used it as an opportunity to reinvent himself further, becoming a much more quiet and caring man than before, and putting others before himself in all situations. Finally, after two years, he feels as though he is prepared to re-enter the field he feels so passionate about.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?

Cyprien’s medical speciality is abnormal psychology, which includes the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders and other mental abnormalities. He chose to pursue abnormal psychology after witnessing the impacts of untreated disorders on his community. Essentially, he has chosen to pursue a path in abnormal psychology, and therefore Psychiatry because he wants to leave a positive impact on his community before it is too late. His background in Psychology in Medicine, which is his Master's degree, gives him greater knowledge on proper medications of psychiatric conditions and when medicine is not necessary. After seeing how untreated psychiatric conditions impacted members of his community growing up, especially when he was getting involved in illegal affairs as a teen, he wanted to pursue a path that would assist those individuals and prevent more people from spiraling.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
8 Years residency in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada as a Psychiatrist.
1 Year in Karakura, Japan, as a Psychiatrist.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
While working on his master’s degree, Cyprien had worked as an intern at a local psychiatric hospital, working as a nurse and doctor’s aide. Being his first time in the medical field, his role was relatively minor at the time, but provided him with an introduction to working in psychiatry. While pursing his PhD, it is standard to sit in on, and assist, doctors while performing their duties. Once graduating from medical school, he had entered the medical field initially as a the******, before eventually being given the opportunity to work as a psychiatrist at a local practice. Since then, he has continued to remain within the psychiatric field as he has aged and moved between cities. Possibly the most notable of which was his tenure at Karakura hospital from 2020 to 2021, with him wishing to fulfill the same position he once held.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Cyprien Gauthier has completed a bachelor in science in both Biology and Psychology, a Master’s degree in Psychology in Medicine, and a Doctorate in Psychiatry. During undergraduate studies, he had also completed a certificate in pharmaceutical studies.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Cyprien Gauthier is a rather serious looking 5’11 Quebecois man donning rapidly graying hair with varying levels of care taken towards it depending on the day. Spread across the bottom half of his face lay a field of beard-hair, also falling victim to the graying sensation oh-so common for individuals his age. In contrast with his lightly toned head hair and beard lay his deep brown eyebrows, which caused his light green eyes to become everso piercing. His gaze could be noticed from great distances, and created a somewhat uncanny, yet alluring characteristic to his face. His battle with his rapidly aging self would be visible throughout his body and face in the form of wrinkles, which were especially deep around his eyes, smile-line, and forehead. His jawline and stern resting face commanded a sort of authority around his presence, but the soft, relaxed inflection of his voice echoed his inner attitudes toward himself and the world. His body would be reflective of someone who has maintained his fitness throughout his life, veins and muscle-lines traced along his hairy arms, pointed toward his hands, which were aged thoroughly.

How does your character act on and off duty?
Cyprien’s general attitude and personality is reflective of an iceberg. He is, at his core, a calm natured individual, his emotions chilled and relaxed, yet still mighty. In stressful situations, such as an incident at the hospital, his character is defined by his unshakeable calmness, his composure and calm disposition setting himself apart from many others in difficult situations. His general interactions with others present an individual who loves to listen. He is not known to boast about himself, or command attention towards himself, and instead finds joy in offering attention to others. When interacting with those younger than himself, his fatherly gentleness shines through, and instead of placing himself on a pedestal above his patients, he opts to present himself as an equal to those who seek help from him. In general, his unwavering commitment to his work makes him somewhat of a workaholic, but he takes immense pleasure in his field, and believes it to be his central purpose on Earth. Outside of the workplace, he prefers to keep his life fairly simple. He find happiness in tending to his plants, doing housework, and going on hikes; the latter of which is probably his favourite. Despite taking his work extremely seriously, he finds himself wanting to ensure that the team remains united, and often invites his coworkers to dinner and other activities, using much of him time to further prove his friendliness.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Cyprien, in line with his relaxed disposition, means he is adaptable to many situations. Because his work revolves around other people, he enjoys working with people from all walks of life. While in psychiatry, working with his coworkers is not as common, he rarely passes up an opportunity to join a colleague in their endeavors. Cyprien has always been a more independent person, meaning his problem solving and critical thinking skills are well developed, and he can often find solutions to issues he may find while on duty without needing to consult others for assistance, but he is still not afraid to ask when necessary. As a result of him viewing his work as an extension of his social life, he appreciates his coworkers and finds himself often wanting to contribute to the team in the ways that are needed.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Cyprien has reached the ‘settling down’ portion of his life. He knows it is time for him to focus on his career and family, instead of other matters, and thoroughly enjoys the status quo. His plans are to remain in his field for as long as possible, ideally without any more gaps in employment. He hopes to be able to assist in training other, younger psychiatrists eventually and wishes to remain in Karakura for the duration of his waking life. Having settled down in Karakura, he is perfectly content with his life as-is, and decides to allow the future to occur naturally. His life is centered around his family and career, so his main plans for his future are to maintain these two facets of his life in a manner that is appropriate and beneficial for himself and those around him.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
In general, Cyprien hopes his calm disposition is clearly visible to those he comes in contact with. Personally, he does not hold himself to a place of high stature, and views himself as a common man with a typical life. While his appearance may be intimidating to some, which he views as one of his greatest vices, his personality and general disposition often quells most first impressions. Like any human being, he does find himself concerned with how others feel about him, but has come to believe that his actions should portray himself in the way he wishes to be seen, and often follows moral principles in his daily life to achieve a both an ideal sense of self, and a stable relationship with others.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the faction, we often have to deny good applicants because there are others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to server reputation or due to the detail that was put into their application.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread