players online

Surgeon Application: superache

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
the really good surgeon application.png
zeZstz7bMtdHFxuwyfTTcUnLfx6SWWQzwSL-CfOpZAaQfMXWWwZ4GMTplcSwDw8HZPY-k0mGXXVqGe89GZSpnsV1ia-rbi...png

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

superache

Previous bans:
I have three previous bans across the server, discord & forums. The discord & forums bans are 3+ years old, and my last ban was in 2017. I’ve learned from those past mistakes and have grown since then, seeing as they are all several year old bans. I can bring my appeals for them up again if asked for but I don’t feel as if it’s needed to.

Describe your activity on the server?:
I’m mostly active on my cheer account pitapet, I have one other role, news reporter on coffeeyves, which I’m usually just on during events to report on + roleplay here and there. I’m on pretty much every single night for varying amounts of hours, usually 2+ more.

Which timezone are you in?:
EST

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?:
evan#4096

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, not a very good one but it works.

List your current and past applications:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/my-school-council-application-♡-✔.7139/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/accepted-school-council-application-♡.12173/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/denied-council-application-evan-✘.2854/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/sagwaaa-hs-council-application.29499/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/evans-librarian-application.23092/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-application-cool-right.23292/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/police-application.18435/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/police-app.25248/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/electrachairs-surgeon-app.20286/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/cozyfolk-psychiatrist-application.28384/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/xagti-hospital-staff-application.30825/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/shop-application.22184/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/high-school-council-application.33449/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/gtvo-journalist-application.34527/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/tatsuo-terusuno-returns-the-news-reporter-application.50540/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/event-team-app.24978/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/the-lore-team-application.51161/
I have had a few other roles that were applied for through google forms, discord, and private forums threads (professor, club leader, staff), I’ve also been captain of the col cheer team.

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:
I’ve been playing on the server for years, years literally. My experience with detail RP mostly started through when I returned to the server around 2019 and came onto EMS for the first time. I had to do, on hands research 90% of the time when I was first EMS, seeing as I didn’t know much at the time, heh. Yet, I always was successful and did it quickly and detailed with my actions. Through my original training as a surgeon all of the way throughout my time on SRP, learning new procedures and seeing how others detail rped, I grew my skills in it. Other than EMS, I’ve gotten many experiences with my time on college cheer, one of the many roleplay based sports on the server. I had many hands in helping with the routines the cheer team has done recently, not writing all of it, duh, but having my part in it. Besides cheer, I just like to detailRP. I got a little rusty coming back in January of this year, but I’ve only been getting better as I’ve stayed on the server.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our current team?:
I’ve had a love of medicine for quite a while now. An interest and a want for being able to help people. Obviously, doing it in real life is much different then a minecraft roleplay server. But, how I can connect my love for it is the research you have to put into the role on the server, to properly roleplay out what you're doing. I always thought it was very interesting to be able to search up all of this unknown to me, in my past time as EMS, and generally through my school work. My love for the topic would be one major thing to keep me motivated to do the role on the server. I would like to come back to EMS, to be able to experience it again. To learn even more than what I do and be a part of a team who enjoys what I do as well. A big part of applying to roles to, and what I think is just a big part of the server is character creation, and creating lore for your character. This character I’m applying with is one I care deeply for, and having a character I love keeps me motivated to come online. I believe my strong dedication and skill with roleplay, detail RP and love for medicine will make me a great asset to the team. I see myself to have great leadership skills, previously being a clinical lead, being on the event-team, being a captain and staff member. I would be nothing but a dedicated hardworking member of the team.

Which medical role are you applying for?:
Surgeon

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:
I have been interested in medicine for years, it all started off with me watching Grey’s Anatomy, which funny enough I feel like is the reason for most people. I went on to going into a program at my now graduated from high school, that circled my entire high school curriculum around pre-medicine. I took my basic classes, like biology, anatomy, chemistry. But, I took health science 1 & 2, had EMT & CPR training, got certifications in CPR and CMAA & was lucky enough to have hands-on experience in a medical office, seeing several patients from day to day throughout my internship, watching over doctors performing procedures, learning how they do it.

Besides, my own real life experience. I was on EMS for over a year and a half, roughly, working my way to clinical lead. (It’s been a while, I can’t really remember how long but it was for a while!!) I have lots of experience specifically roleplaying in the role I am applying for today, writing all my funky actions (DETAILED), I came into EMS the first time, with a small knowledge of medical care and came out of it with a much bigger knowledge. Through my original training, and through the experience I gained through people who came into the hospital with crazy unknown to me injuries.

Surgeons see anything from routine procedures to crazy traumas, they have to know and understand the human body to be able to save and heal their patient. They have to be efficient in the operating room and know what they’re doing, or their patient will die. They have a very fine set of procedures and regulations they have to follow, down to scrubbing in for surgery, to their techniques for surgeries they perform. They have many different specialities within the field, cardiology, general surgery, neurology, pediatrics, orthopedics, plastics and it can go on.

Categorize all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:
Hospital Director:
The hospital director takes care of the financial works of the hospital, bills for the building, supplies, handling money & anything that costs and makes the hospital money. Along with this, they manage every single role below them, it’s in the name, director. The hospital director usually has privileges for any medical procedures done by a surgeon or doctor. They’re in charge of hiring new staff and firing those who need to be fired.

Clinical Manager:
They manage those below them, the leads of each department. They have a hand in picking new employees, and can recommend those for hiring and firing. They can assist in training new employees, yet it’s not their priority. They also have the privileges to do the work of surgeons and doctors.

Clinical Lead:
There are three different clinical leads for Karakura Hospital. The lead for surgeons, doctors & psychiatrists. They are masters in their fields, so much so that they are the ones obligated to teach incoming employees everything they need to know to be the best. They are the teachers and their employees are their students. They manage the departments as well, budgets, procedures and guidelines for their field in the hospital. They only specialize in their field, so they don’t have privileges for other fields like their higher-ups do.

Surgeon:
They are life savers, they have to be quick and smart. They have to be able to learn dozens of procedures, surgeries in-patient and out-patient in every field possible. They have the authority to do any medical procedure. They are authorized to prescribe all medications besides psychiatric medicines.

Doctor:
Doctors are a key part in the medical food chain, they take the more minor stuff dealing with most commonly orthopedics, pediatrics, and viral and bacterial illnesses. They are told to stick within those things, but are authorized for surgical procedures if they are the only one on-call. They are authorized to prescribe all medications besides psychiatric medicines.

Psychiatrist:
They take in all cases of mental illness. This can be anything to as simply taking in someone for a therapy session, whether it be a one on one session or group session. They also can take on more serious cases of mental illness, varying from any sorts of things. They are the only ones allowed to do this type of work, and they are not permitted to do doctor & surgeon work. They are also the only ones allowed to prescribe any psychiatric medicines, and not allowed to prescribe anything out of their field.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
I acknowledge this, completely.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I acknowledge that, and plan to be exactly that. 100% dedicated.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished?
Of course, If I’m online I likely have the time to come to training and will come. The only thing that may interfere is college cheer practice or any events relating to the team.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I acknowledge that and will not do that. It’s not only against the rules being EMS, but generally against the server rules. So, I don’t plan on breaking these rules.
zeZstz7bMtdHFxuwyfTTcUnLfx6SWWQzwSL-CfOpZAaQfMXWWwZ4GMTplcSwDw8HZPY-k0mGXXVqGe89GZSpnsV1ia-rbi...png
In-Character (IC) Section
CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?
Haitao is someone who holds great respect for his peers, even those new to him. Just, with his simple glare, you can tell the business he means. With this powerful aura, he is not very put together outside of his own work. He practically lived in the hospital his entire life, partly what destroyed his marriage. He is never home, so his home never gets cleaned. Part of what builds his powerful character, his desire to work - To, be the best he can possibly be. He doesn’t demand this respect through his appearance or his upkeep, he earns this respect through the work he does. Haitao has medium length, thick black hair - Sort’a looking like a wolf cut. His eyes are mighty, ruthless, part of what gives him his respect. He is a very tall, slim male - While, outside of work, he may not keep up with cleaning, or his appearance, he is sure to keep in shape.

What are they like on and off the job?
While he is on the job, Haitao is practically a surgical robot. His number one goal while on duty is to save his patient, or make them better and heal them. Make them leave the hospital with the gift of life returned to them. He will advocate for his patient, metaphorically fight for their life. He is friendly with staff and others he runs into while at work, but doesn’t pay much mind. It’s like he’s running on surgical auto-mode. Off of the job, he’s quite literally a completely different person. He frees himself, in a way. When he’s out in the town, he’s actually a friendly and pleasant person to be around, he parties with his coworkers, or just anybody.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?
His coworkers are the ones we have to get along with. He doesn’t get along as an obligation but he wants to make friends with his coworkers so that his job is a lot easier. He used to see his coworkers as his competition, especially during his residency years. Yet, he grew out of this competitive mindset when he finally became the dream surgeon, the one that everyone wants to see. He hopes the best for his coworkers now, but generally keeps to himself when he can. Like previously said, he is just friendly to be friendly. He came to Karakura for a new experience, an experience and rush for trauma. Karakura, could even be nicknamed a trauma center with how many cases in the field come in. He wishes to learn more and grow to be an even better surgeon in his time at Karakura Hospital.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgment to?
PTSD. During his fellowship in Baltimore at Johns Hopkins, he experienced an event that scarred him, putting him through years of therapy. He is mostly recovered from this, still needing to be reassured when anything comes up as a trigger. Due to the topic being sensitive to many including myself, I’m not going to explain any reasoning behind how he got the disease.

BACKSTORY (I had a little fun writing this, sorry it’s long)
Surprisingly enough, Haitao was quite a lost student in his first year of college. He jumped from major to major, taking quite nearly every career choice quiz that the world had to offer. Yet, with all off on the biology track into pre-medicine. With his trials and tribulations throughout his 4 years of college, he graduated college in 2005. Life was going, spectacular for him. He met the love of his life, and in the short-coming months after his graduation, he welcomed his son Shen Xiuying into the world. Yet, shortly after the birth of his beloved son, he began medical school. A rigorous challenge, one even more difficult than being a college student. He could rarely be home, rarely be a part of the family he promised to create. Which without a doubt caused problems within his marriage, when he was home, he wasn't taking care of his child, he was sleeping, studying, getting ready for the next day. His marriage suffered problems, but it survived until his eventual graduation in 2009. After his graduation ceremony, quite literally right after. His wife threw an ultimatum at him, go into an easy specialty or she was going to file for divorce. Medicine & surgery was his passion, something he couldn't just throw away. He started his internship at West China Hospital, Sichuan University. Within a week, he was greeted by lawyers at the hospital, served due to his wife filing for divorce. He went on with his intern year struggling, with the divorce and the pressure from his internship, he was practically falling apart. The divorce went through, yet the two still lived together. He was barely home anyways, so they saw no point in getting separated through anything but marriage, they had a child together and he still wanted to be in that child's life, however he could be. The rest of his internship year flew by and he went into residency, the most competitive five years of his life. This is where he grew to be who is his, a surgical beast. He had one great friend at West China Hospital, this was his person. They went through their entire five years together. He got to learn from the best in China to be excellent. Nothing much else significant happened in his five years, until he came to his fellowship. He was going to be a general surgeon, specializing in general surgery. He got a premier fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD. His career was thriving and he couldn’t be happier. A few months into his fellowship, his first months in a country outside of China, he experienced something no one would ever want to, a tragic event that caused him to develop PTSD - This, collapsed his fellowship, he immediately put himself into therapy, just wanting to finish his fellowship and get out of America. At this point in time, his son Shen Xiuying, began his training with his partnering company in Korea for Bonding Fusion, the only thing he wanted at this point in time was to be with someone he loved. So, he started his new surgery position at Asan Medical Center in Seoul, South Korea. He went through years of therapy, he had a flexible schedule so he got to learn about his son, build a relationship with him and be a better father. Six years later, his son was all grown up, and he found something to be passionate about again. Trauma surgery, the rush and the thrill of barely having any time to think or plan what you’re gonna do, you just gotta do. He found the most crime-filled thrilling town on the map and that’s where he went to start the next chapter of his career. Karakura, Japan.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:

Shen Haitao (Last, first)

Characters Title:
Mr. Shen Haitao

Characters Given Names:
Haitao, Tao by friends.

Characters Preferred Name:
Haitao

Characters Age:

Characters Gender:
Male

Characters Religious Domination:
Buddhism

Characters Marital Status:
Single

Characters Nationality:
Chinese

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency:

Five years of Residency

Working Experience:
His five year residency was spent at West China Hospital, Sichuan University. His first intern year was spent here as well.
One year fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD specializing in general surgery
Six years as a general surgeon at Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea

Academic Degree:
Bachelor’s Degree

Year of Graduation:
2009 from Medical School

Majors:
Biology & health Sciences

Minors:
Sociology, creative writing & environmental sciences

Native Languages:
Chinese

Other Languages:
Japanese, Korean​

Escuzme

Level 193
Escuzme
Escuzme
Omega
We appreciate you taking the time to apply, and we hope you're glad to hear your application has been accepted!
Refer to the Emergency discord upon seeing this.​

Users who are viewing this thread