Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

Cho0ii | Reporter Application

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:
Cho0ii

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
My discord username is Chooi#9853, however I do not have a working microphone at the moment. I'm not very comfortable talking in VC's, I'm perfectly fine to come into a VC and use a text chat but I much prefer to not talk during a VC. If necessary of me to speak, I can use my phone however the audio quality will not be amazing.

List your timezone and country:
GMT/BST, Wales.

Describe your activity:
I've been playing SRP since around Halloween (Christmas time at the latest) last year. During this time I have had ups and downs with my activity when playing, however, I have managed to level these irregularities out and now I can play frequently and follow a schedule for when I play (this may fluctuate depending on if an event of sorts is to occur OOCLY). I am usually active during the weekends or on Monday, Thursday, and Friday. I play for an estimated 3 - 6 hours depending on my motivation during that day. My motivation is a large factor in my activity, and I may be less active during days when my motivation is rather low. When I'm not online, I'm either in school, with family, or working on my IC writing, and Art commissions (The occasional skin commission).

TABLE OF ACTIVITY:

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
AM
Busy
10:00 - 12:00
School
8:30 - 14:50
School
School
School
School
Busy
10:00 - 12:00
PM
SRP
14:00 - 22:00
SRP
17:30 - 22:00
SRP
SRP
SRP
SRP
SRP
14:00 - 22:00

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
During my year on SRP I have received no bans, and only 2 minor warnings on my account.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

ACCEPTED:
KPD Application | 17/08/22

Professor Application | 18/07/22

HS Council Application | 22/04/22

DENIED:
Surgeon Application | 16/07/22

KPD Application #2 | 02/12/22

Chef Application | 06/12/22

Shrine Application | 10/09/22

Teacher Application | 07/06/22

Shop Application | 14/12/22

PENDING:
Surgeon Application | 20/11/22

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
For as long as I can remember I've had a large passion for writing. I've always loved to portray a scene through detailed, meaningful words and it's what makes me so loving towards writing. The Reporter role is filled with countless amounts of writing, and is what most of the role is made up of. Being so passionate about writing, and being a bit of a inquisitive person, always asking questions, I thought the role would quite suit my own personal likes and passions. The reporter role has also provided a vast amount of lore for SRP, and has given an insight on all the different events provided to SRP by staff, build team, event team, and so many others. The amount of work that reporters put into each report that they make is impeccable and I hope that I can expect the same level of work from myself when joining the faction. A lot of my motivation to join the faction also comes from the type of character I play. My character Sophia has always been a bit nosy. She's the type of kid who will know everything bout everyone and always talking about stuff she heard. She's always admired reporters, and when she was a kid went off squealing to her brother just because she got to speak to one. It never occurred to her that a job in the journalism industry would be right to her until her later adult years. Playing my character, in a faction she admires so much would be very beneficial to role play. It would also help adapt to a new line of lore introduced into my character's role play and I myself in general would love working in the faction. And as the icing on the cake, I am very close friends with one of the reporters who are already in the faction and would utterly love to work along side the close friend.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I'd say I have a respectable experience in writing. I've been writing since I was around 7, and I am currently working on my first novel (K-section) after abandoning it for around a year. I'm apart of my schools literature club (I'm co-executive writer), where we write a multitude of stories purely for our school to enjoy. I also have a lot of experience in DetailRP and P2L, mainly gained from my writing experience. I was also the coordinator of a 5 person lore team for NuggetSMP (now closed). During this I had to write and examine the lore provided for the SMP, as well as work in a team to prepare the lore for release. When to comes to my relationship with writing, I'd say that writing is difficult, but I love it. It inspires me and it's what I most enjoy. Writing is what fuels my passion for SRP and what I want to do with my life when it comes to work. Writing is what inspires me most, and when it comes to SRP writing is the most enjoyable part of it. I have also applied for Lore Team in the past, however I was denied due to improper grammar.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes, I am aware of the rules, and will follow them the entire time that I work within the faction.

Why should we accept you over others?:

Passion
I've always had a passion for writing, ever since I was little I've always loved reading books, learning the words, what they mean, and even know when reading books I always love the sentence structuring, the creation of tension, the use of different vocabulary, it's what makes me love it so much. A lot of people coming into the reporter role, when applying don't have the same passion for writing, and throw themselves read first into a job that they don't know they won't enjoy role playing as. Knowing what the main part of Reporter is, that being writing, means I know exactly what to expect and I can put the passion I have for writing into the reporter role, to not only create quality reports, but better my skill and even make fellow friends who enjoy writing. This I find isn't possessed by many applicants, who throw themselves head first into a job they have no passion for, but I know that I will enjoy being in the reporter faction, as much as I would enjoy being a reporter OOCLY, writing articles and more.

Creativity
Creativity is one of my most positive traits when it comes to writing, I find a lot of writers and applicants keep the same style of structuring a report throughout their time as reporter, or even in their prompts, and it makes them rather dry and uninteresting in my opinion. When writing, I like to push myself outside my comfort zone, and try to change the structure of each report, to make it more interesting and less dry. Creativity is also needed to capture a reader, and I find a lot of applicants struggle to capture the eye of the reader, causing the report they've taken hours to work on, doesn't even matter because no one interested. I hope with my creativity, I can make each new report capturing for the reader, and that everyone on SRP can enjoy them!

Realism
Although I am a very creative person, and the reporter faction requires creativity, it also needs realism in it's reports, and I can provide that. We don't want to create unrealistic reports, that are unprofessional, we want to show that the reporter faction is professional, and know how to role play and conduct themselves properly. I know how to create realistic reports, but still have some sort of life to them, and not just a dead pan reporter. A lot of people when applying don't consider this, and I find it an important trait to have when applying for reporter. I can keep a nuetral tone, a professional report, but still not appear uninteresting and lacking in personality.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Yes I understand this, and will keep a professional and neutral tone throughout my reports.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes, I do. I hope to stay in the faction for a while so keeping up the needed monthly quota and activity is needed!

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
I imagine working as a reporter to be fun and enjoyable. I hope to make new friends, ICLY and OOCLY, report on different events, and overall write the reports that fuel my passion of writing. I want to get to know new people, meet new players, improve my writing, and better my role play. In the faction, I expect to meet kind, respectful people, who work together as a team to get the job done. I imagine working as a reporter to be fun and enjoyable, but also well organized. I hope to work in a team with others, and improve with them.

Full Name:
Sophia Zennix

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
I would prefer to be called Philly, and/or Ms. Zennix by my fellow workers.

My Title is Ms.

Current Age (25+):

Past job/work experience:

Teaching Assistant (21 - 23)
During my youth I used to think I wished to be a teacher, like my father during his earlier years, teaching in Karakura. At this time I thought I wished to be an Literature teacher, and mold children's minds to excel at Literature. So to achieve my believed dream, I traveled down to Tokyo where I had been offered a Teacher's assistant role as part of my degree that I was taking in Osaka. This made up most of my course, and so usually for 2 days every week, for 2 years I would travel down to a small school in Tokyo where I would assist teachers in their every day job, and also see how they teach to bring it into my own teaching.

Kindergarten Teacher in Osaka [24 - 25]
After completing my qualifications in Tokyo, I moved into a small apartment in Osaka, where I applied for a high school teaching job in the English department. Unfortunately I was turned down, so I instead applied to teach at a kindergarten in the mid lands of Osaka, and I was accepted. I taught there for around a year before quitting, due to the poor work space quality.

Freelance journalist [26+]
Currently I live in Karakura, working as freelance journalist making small newspapers about the happenings within Karakura.

Degree/qualifications:
Masters - Teaching, English

Doctoral - Journalism.

Along side my Teaching degree, I was doing a Journalism degree out of pure love for it. I did not at the time think the degree would help me in later life.

Nationality and born location:
I have a Citizenship for Spain, Korea and Japan. I was born in Seoul, North Korea.

Phone Number:
030-662-6987

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I would describe myself as a kind, intuitive individual. I like to learn, and help others. When I make a mistake I'm always sure to apologize and learn from that mistake. When it comes to being kind, I always consider both sides of a story, and always want both voices heard in the story. Now when it comes to reporting, I find it important to remain professional and keep a neutral tone throughout my report. My reports have helped me become more aware of what's happening around me and I find it rather unique. I would summarize myself as a well-rounded individual, with big expectations, and an open mind to both sides of a story.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
Although my interest is within many different topics, my main interest of writing is Law and Justice. I like to let others know what is happening when it comes to our justice system, about a recent trial, different subjects and information on Law and Justice jobs and much more. To achieve a brilliantly executed report within this subject, I plan to keep my neutral yet capturing tone, view both sides of the story, and create a viewer capturing summary of the event. And when it comes to going outside of my comfort zone I am more than prepared. Stepping outside my comfort zone helps me improve as not only a person but as a writer as well. My improvement not only benefits myself but my co-workers who want to achieve the same as me; Quality articles, interviews, and reports.

What are your expectations for the job?:
What I expect from the job can be described in two adjectives; Quality and enjoyment. After doing personal research into the job, it's work, quality of work, and now the workers are treated, I can confidently say my expectations for the job are high. I expect a fun and enjoyable job, not easy, not impossible, but able to be achieved with teamwork and effort. I expect to grow myself in the job, improve my writing, make long lasting friends, and continue to enjoy the job I've always aspired to do. Along with this, I expect to have respectful co-workers, who put as much hard work is as I would on the job, and that we can all have a mutual level of respect for one and other.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
Unfortunately due to youthful mistakes, I do have a Criminal record of sorts.

CRIMINAL RECORD
- Evasion
- Resisting Arrest

These were both obtained during the same arrest, when I was 16. I was often scared of the police and so I ran, earning me evasion and then resisting arrest later. It's been 10 years since this arrest, and from that time I spent in jail, as well as learning from that mistake as I grew older, I can confidently say I learnt my lesson from this mistake. As an officer would say, "You do the crime you pay the time." And I payed my time.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Gaelic, French, Spanish.

Although being born in Korea, I was raised and taught Spanish from birth.

PROMPTS:

You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

'Bear' With Us

Good day citizens of Karakura, and welcome. My name is Sophia Zennix, a reporter for Karakura and today I shall be reporting on a much discussed topic, Bears. We've all seen them, vicious, yet sometimes docile creatures, but have caused many families, and members of our town pain, mentally and physically. Today I shall be discussing the many problems these beasts bring to our community, as well as a short interview with a victim of these beasts vicious attacks.

Now I think any of us from living in this area can agree that the bears are not to be disturbed. Many of us have had a run in with the creatures at least once in our life time, even myself. So why are these attacks so common? Well there are two leading factors to these occurrences; Public negligence, and unprotected areas. Although the many warnings, arrests, fines, accidents, and attacks, the public still do not fear these beasts. Unfortunately the leading cause of these attacks are due to children, or young adults being misguided by themselves, into thinking these beasts are safe to be around, and have unfortunately led to brutal attacks, deaths of citizens, and in some cases the bears themselves. And despite these attacks, arrests, fines and deaths, there is no proper protection put in place for ourselves, and the bears. This has lead to many citizens questioning the decisions being made by police and government, if the woods are safe for children, or even young adults, and how we will protect the bears from public negligence. Although the difficulties involving the bears, for the most part of winter we have been safe from the bear,s as the beasts currently lay docile, hibernating until the new spring. Although the winter has prevented many attacks the winter will not last forever, and many question how the police department and government will handle these attacks better in the future. Many have suggested enclosing the bears from the surrounding area although it is argued that this is a disruption of the nature, and the surrounding area of the bears.

Although the Ochiba wood has homed the bears for a long time, many wonder why to allow the woods open to the public when they cause such violence in our area. Others argue that the bear problem would be solved if the public were to leave the beasts alone, fearing them like you would any wild creature. Some say that the attacks can be linked to the amounts of crime in the area, that many gangs or criminal organizations may be involved in making the bears more violent by frightening them, although this is all simple speculation and has not been proven to be true.

Now, after discussing the difficulties involving the bears, I shall be moving onto a short interview I had with Mei Xyoung, who was attacked by one of the beasts while visiting the woods.
Below is a written version of the Interview I was permitted with Ms. Xyoung:

M. Xyoung - Green
S. Zennix - Blue

SZ:
"Alright, firstly I would like to thank you for agreeing to an interview."

MX: "Mhm. . "

SZ: "So, please may you state your name and age."

MX: "My name is Mei Xyoung, I'm 19."

SZ: "Okay! So Ms. Xyeong can you give us a couple details about your attack?"

MX: "What's there to tell? That bloody bear attacked me, it ruined my life. . ."

SZ: "I see. . . Well how has this affected your life then? Do you struggle in school? what about medically?"

MX: "Schools hell, kids don't understand what it's like to be attacked when your, what 16? Medically, I have breathing problems, and my leg was amputated."

SZ: "Alright, well could you give us some details on your injuries?"

MX: "I had my neck bit, my stomach was scratched, and my leg nearly torn off. When we arrived at the hospital, they thought I wouldn't live with the loss of blood."

SZ: "So this was rather traumatic for you? Or your family maybe?"

MX: ". . . I'd like to finish our interview, now thank you."

SZ: ". . . Alright well thank you for your cooperation."

End Of Interview

Hopefully our Government and police department can figure out a solution for this problem. and our town will be cleansed from the violent attacks.

#2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

To Govern or Not To Govern

To Govern or not to Govern? That is the question I shall be asking today! Hello citizens of Karakura, my name is Sophia Zennix and today I will be reporting on a faction we all know the name of, The Government Faction. Now, rather than giving my own personal opinion, last week I was joined by Adei Havilt, a Governor at our town hall. bellow is a recording of my interview with her, about the faction, and her experiences within it.

Mrs. Havilt -
Red
Ms. Zennix - Blue

[!] The recording would start, a small air of static, then silence. [!]

SZ: "Okay! Well firstly thank you for agreeing to this interview."

AH: "It is of no problem."

SZ: "Now, could you please state your name, age and occupation?"

AH: "My name is Adei Havilt, I am 33, and I work as a governor at our town hall."

SZ: "So Mrs. Havilt, how long have you worked for the town hall?"

AH: "Around 2 - 3 months."

SZ: "So quite a while? Would you say that it was difficult when starting? Or did you find it easier than expected?"

AH: "I'd say it was moderatly hard, but that was mainly because I'd just moved away from my home Russia, and I was unable to see family, as I was training. But I'd say I picked it up rather well."

SZ: "Was the job what you expected?"

AH: "More or less. It wasn't completely what I imagined, but it ticked most the boxes."

SZ: "Alright. When starting, was it fun right off the bat? Or did you have any issues?"

AH: "None that I can think of. It wasn't necessarily fun, but I did and still do enjoy the job."

SZ: "And how would you describe your co-workers? Irritant? Kind? Funny?"

AH: "I think they're all good people at heart, some do get irritated at times because we're under a lot of stress to perform well, but I think they're all well rounded people."

SZ: "And what type of work do you do here? Is it difficult?"

AH: "I wouldn't say difficult, more repetitive, we hand out ID's, sometimes help with court cases, or legalize a marriage."

SZ: "Very much the same stuff everyday I see. Does this ever bore you? doing the same jobs everyday?"

AH: "It can bore ones mind, but I get to meet new people each day so I can't complain."

SZ: "So what kind of people do you get to meet? Have you ever met a rude person while on work?"

AH: "I meet lots of people, most are kind and polite, others, I don't even know what went on to make them that mad."

SZ: "And do you think it's easy to keep a neutral tone with these people?"

AH: "I find it quite easy, just calm them down and move onto the next person."

SZ: "Okay, okay. So regarding your family, do you find the job allows you to see them as much as you would want to?"

AH: "Sometimes it is difficult, as most my kids are either away in Russia, or teenagers who don't want to spend time with their old mom, but I'd say it's enough time that I get off to really connect with my family."

SZ: "Alright. So do you find the pay for your job sufficient enough for how long you work, how long your away from family, etc?"

AH: "Sometimes I wish it was more, seeing as I don't see my kids or wife often, but I know that I can support myself and my family with it."

SZ: "Okay. One final question before we wrap our interview up. If you could describe your job in three words, how would you?"

AH: "I would say. . . Vibrant work ethic."

SZ: "Alright, well thank you very much for this interview, I truly appreciate it, and would you like to add anything else?"

AH: "Stay in school kids."

[!] A small burst of laughter is heard as the tape cuts off [!]

So what is the summary of the government faction? It's a well-rounded faction, with a few ups and downs, but provides a goo way of life. Thank you all for reading today's report on, to Govern or Not to Govern.

[OOC]
Additional Information:

I would like to give credit to 13ke, for letting me use their screenshots as the backgrounds of my headers, as well as PIZA_OP for being featured in the screenshots!

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
DENIED
We appreciate the time and effort you put into applying - however you have not been accepted this time around.
Please DM Aania#0117 if you have any queries about the application

You are free to re-apply at any point in time!

Users who are viewing this thread