RandomlyAccepted
RandomlyAccepted
Omega+
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):
dontpayurtaxes

What is your discord name & tag?: RandomlyAcceptedd#4389

Previous bans:
I have one ban for toxicity towards a faction that happened in December 2021, over a year ago, even though it was perm (At least I think it was) I appealed 6 months later in around July, it's been about 7 months since I was unbanned. During this time I was doing horrible mentally and couldn’t control my emotions and how I was feeling. What happened in the past will never happen again, during the time I was banned I learned from my mistakes and focused on my mental health to make sure this will not happen again.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am very active on the server and typically on for 6+ hours a day. During this time, I am usually on my main account and throughout the week I will get on my shrine and my cat account. Even though I am a professor, I don’t get on that account unless I want to teach or I wanna do other faculty staff. I do have my adult account which I am applying for EMS on but I typically do not on that account that often due to not finding things to do as an adult. I can balance out my activity toward the shrine and professor pretty well. I go on my shrine account when I am bored and I only do the 10 quotas a month for a professor as I can spend more time working on the lesson plans to make them as interactive and fun as I can make them. If I am accepted back into EMS, I will be able to balance out my activity towards the 3 factions as I can focus the time I spent on my main account towards EMS. I have done EMS and Professor at the same time before so I know I can balance it out.

What is your timezone?:
PST

List your current and past applications:
(RandomlyAccepted) Builder Application - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied Russian Language - Accepted
(dontpayurtaxes) EMS Doctor Application - Denied
(dontpayurtaxes) Chinese App - Accepted
(RandomlyAccepted) Czech App - Accepted
(RandomlyAccepted) 3rd Language Slot - Accepted
(StopPayingTaxes) JSL App - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) JSL App - Accepted
(StopPayingTaxes) Shrine Maiden App - Accepted
(RandomlyAccepted) JSL App - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) Professor App 4 - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) JSL App - Denied
(dontpayurtaxes) Professor App 3 - Accepted
(dontpayurtaxes) JSL App - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) Jin App - Denied
(dontpayurtaxes) Professor App 2 - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) EMS Nurse App - Accepted in DMs
(RandomlyDenied) Spanish App - Denied
(RandomlyAccepted) Event Team App 2 - Accepted
(RandomlyAccepted) Prosthetic Leg App - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) - Korean App - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) - Professor App 1 - Accepted
(RandomlyDenied) - Korean App - Denied
(RandomlyAccepted) - Event Team App 1 - Denied
(RandomlyAccepted) - Russian App - Accepted

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I have tons of experience with different types of roleplay due to the various teams and factions I've been on, I also have been roleplaying on SRP for nearly 3 years now. First of all, I am currently a club leader and on the baseball team. As a club leader in the cooking club, this means I do various types of cooking roleplaying and try to branch out more by doing things with my club. I am also a shrine maiden. As a maiden I do lots of detailed roleplaying like making tea, praying, etc and also talking to guests and fellow shrine staff. I do not do tons of roleplay on my professor account as I am mainly there to teach, but I have been a professor for a very long time now. Of course, I have had various experiences in the past. First of all, I used to be EMS for a bit over a year and that used to be my primary source of roleplaying as that was the only account I got on. I used to also be on the track team and swim team which means I did more sport focus actions and role-playing vs playing a plugin like a baseball team. Finally, I used to be on the event team and even though I didn’t play tons of characters on the team it did help branch roleplaying unique characters that I would otherwise not have played.

What is your motivation for applying?
I have many motivations for wanting to come back to EMS, it's been over a year since I left and I have moved on from the whole situation that happened too. My main motivation comes from me missing it, as I said it's been over a year since I left EMS and I've been wanting to come back to it ever since I got unbanned. I miss the medical roleplay a LOT, I enjoy showing off my skills and knowledge that I have in EMS and being able to allow everyone to roleplay something. Another reason why I want to come back is because of my friends. A lot of my friends are currently EMS and I would love to join them as I think it would be a lot of fun to work with them again. My roleplay has improved and I have learned lots of new things when it comes to hospital work and I would love to apply that to EMS.

Which role are you applying for?
(Surgeon, Doctor, or Psychiatrist):
Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
I have plenty of knowledge of hospital work! In the past, I used to be a nurse and a doctor, though I never got training to be a doctor. When I was a nurse I learned lots of things that even today I still remember. As a doctor, I never got any official training but instead, I did research about the topics that I know doctors do and gave patients the best realistic roleplay that I can and they seemed to enjoy it a ton. I am very interested in medicine in real life, which is why on my professor's account I teach Traumatology, and in Traumatology, I teach students about the realistic side of emergency/trauma medicine which also helps with my knowledge of hospital work. I also have knowledge of hospital work in real life, more pre-hospital work though as I did a camp in which I got to learn how to become an EMT along with a firefighter. (Fun fact - When I was EMS in the past I used the knowledge that I learned from fire camp when responding to calls). I know EMS has changed a lot and not everything is the same as before, but despite that, I still have a good amount of knowledge that I know is used in EMS which will make things much easier for me and I still remember everything from my EMS days.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes, I do knowledge that I am subjected to being demoted at any given time if accepted.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes, I do acknowledge that by applying to this role I will be 100% dedicated to the hospital staff role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I do acknowledge that if training is being held while I am online I am expected to attend or face punishment.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, I do acknowledge that I cannot take things OOCly when stealing with training & situations

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:
Miyako Higashikokubaru

Character’s Gender and Pronouns: Female, she/her

Character’s Age (if accepted): 53

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):
Bachelors in Nursing, PhD in Medicine

Character’s Nationality: Japanese

Character’s Marital Status: Married

Character’s Religious Denomination: Shintoism / Buddhism

Character’s Spoken Languages: Japanese

Backstory (100+ Words)

Miyako Hasegawa was born on February 2nd, 1969 in the city of Koriyama in Fukushima, Japan. She lived a very normal life until she was 11 years old and one day on her way home from school she got into a car accident in which she lost most of her left leg and the lower section of her right leg. After 3 months of recovery in the hospital, she was wheeled out in a wheelchair which she used for another 8 weeks before being fit on her first set of prosthetics. As her body was still growing she would need multiple sets of prosthetics as she grew. A few weeks went by, and she then ended up going back to school where the people who used to be friends made fun of her and she became alone. Luck would be on her side though, a year after the whole accident her family moved to Maniwa in Okayama as her grandparents died and left the house to her parents. She started her new life in Maniwa, hoping that it would be better than Koriyama. At first, people would ignore her and avoid her as she was different, but eventually, over time people would get a bit closer to her and she made a few close friends. Throughout the rest of her junior and senior years of high school, she learned and adjusted to the prosthetics and at the end of senior high, she finally got comfortable enough using them. During the end of senior high though, she had to figure out what she wanted to do as a career. She was interested in medicine and wanted to do something in that so she decided to go into nursing- She didn’t even think about becoming a doctor then. 4 years later, she got her bachelors in pediatric nursing where she then worked at a children's hospital for 6 years. The kids either loved her or feared her because of her legs, they thought she was cool and a robot which made them like her or they thought she was scary.

After about 6 years of working as a nurse, she felt like she was missing something. She was always fascinated by the surgeons who amputated her legs - Not because she was mad but because she was interested. After doing some research and talking to a few advisors, she decided to go to medical school to work her way to becoming an orthopedic surgeon. It was very hard and difficult, and eventually she learned it would be way too hard for her to become a surgeon so she decided to work on her way to become a doctor. During medical school, she enjoyed all the classes and her rotation in cardiology and thought about doing something in that, 6 years later she passed her exams and started her residency in internal medicine. She enjoyed internal medicine a lot, it was hard but she loved that challenge it gave her and during her second year she met her future husband, Tsuneo Higashikokubaru. Tsuneo and Miyako continued to date until their residency was over, during their vacation Tsuneo proposed to Miyako and she accepted. They never were interested in doing any sort of big wedding so they went down to a courthouse to sign some papers and then invited some friends and co-workers for a small party and she changed her last name to Higashikokubaru. A few weeks after getting married, they both started their path on becoming a cardiologist and started their cardiology residency. Though Miyako was going to stop her training after the fellowship was over, Tsuneo would continue after the 3 years and do another fellowship in Adult Congenital Heart Disease.

She was 38 years old when she finished her training, the 6 years of rough training did start to take a toll on her mental health and she started to develop PTSD due to her accident when she was 11. Her husband made her go to therapy and it took a few months. She finally started to get help for it but she still suffers from the trauma of the accident to this day. She worked at the hospital where she had her training for 14 years before one day doing some research about prosthetics she learned about the advanced technology at Karakura Hospital. Interested in it, she learned a bit more about the city and got quite interested. She is now applying to the hospital as she is interested in the technology that Karakura Hospital brings along with the city of Karakura.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?

Miyako specializes in cardiology. She always had an interest in the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system, in medical school as she learned more about the heart she started to fall in love with the procedures and knew it was something she wanted to do. She also met her now husband during her internal medicine residency which even gave her more motivation for going into cardiology.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Miyako did her residency in internal medicine which took 3 years to finish then did a cardiology fellowship which took another 3 years to finish

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Yes, Miyako has lots of experience in the medical field. First of all, she was a pediatric nurse for 6 years before going onto medical school. She did 6 years of training with internal medicine and then cardiology to become a cardiologist. She then continued to work at the same hospital for about 14 years before wanting to move to Karakura, so in total she has about 26 years of experience.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Before medical school, Miyako was a pediatric nurse for 6 years before going onto medical school.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Miyako Higashikokubaru is a 5 '4 Japanese female with long dark brown hair that has light curls on the bottom. Though faint, visible wrinkles would be noticeable on her face to show that she is aging. Her eyes would be a shade of dark brown and if you focused close enough near her right eyebrow, you would see a faint scar. What makes Miyako look very unique is her legs, due to the accident she lost sections of both her legs which means she uses prosthetics to get around. On her right leg, her leg is almost fully gone and uses an above-the-leg prosthetic and on her left leg, she has a below-the-knee prosthetic. Though typically you do not see her prosthetics as she wears long pants to cover them but in hotter weather outfits and she might wear something shorter. She likes to wear flowy things that wouldn’t get in the way of her prosthetics but she also likes to wear things that cover them up due to her being slightly embarrassed by them. Personality-wise, Miyako wants to help everyone she can. She has a team leader and caring personality that is very noticeable when you interact with her. She wants the best for everyone and will go out of her way to make sure her patients get what they need to make sure they are taken care of. When possible, she tries to help everyone including her co-workers.

How does your character act on and off duty?
While being on duty, Miyako likes to try to make things fun. She enjoys talking to her co-workers, befriending and getting to know them. While treating patients, she enjoys chatting with them and getting to know them. Not only can this make the patients feel more comfortable and relaxed, but this can also cause them to trust her more. Though she doesn't go off duty a lot, when she does she is usually with people she knows like friends or her husband. When she is off duty she typically prefers to do things that don't require lots of walking and moving, but if she is up for it and not in tons of pain she enjoys hiking and doing other activities associated with that. She typically acts the same while on duty, the only different thing is that she may be quiet and keep to herself. When someone is needed on duty while she is off duty she is always the one who will try to respond first as she prefers to work than hang out with others.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
It depends on the situation but in general, she would prefer to work with others. Miyako has a team leader spirit, she likes to direct people and assist them in any way possible. Though, when it comes to doing smaller procedures such as suturing someone's wounds up she would prefer to be alone as it is a smaller task that can be completed by one person. Though she does prefer to work with others, she does enjoy the alone time when it comes to being a doctor as she can spend more time on patients without any sort of distractions. Despite that, she enjoys communicating and working with other doctors especially if a case is pretty complex she loves to hear what others have to say.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Miyako has no idea what the future holds for her, things can change in an instant and all her plans can go to fail, which is why she doesn’t plan major life events and just lets things happen but she has some things she wishes will happen. She hopes in the future she will be able to have kids but she is not entirely sure she can do that while working as a doctor and having prosthetics due to the pain she experiences every day from being on her feet.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Viewing Miyako from a distance she would seem like she would rather keep to herself and not talk to anyone. This is solely because of how she looks but her looks and personality are very different. People may think that Miyako thinks she is better than everyone when that isn’t the case and it is more of her leadership spirit. Miyako sees herself as someone who wants the best for everyone, she tries to help everyone to the best of her ability and people can notice it when interacting with her.​

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 228
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED
The Hospital Higher-Ups appreciate your interest in the faction, and after
carefully reviewing your application, we have decided to give you a chance
within the Hospital.

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency
discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.

- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (alex!#4532) via Discord so that we can solve
any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread