mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Shop Application | hateur

buvet

Level 11
1683707304551.gif

┌────────────────────────────────────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────────────────────────────────────┐

What is your Minecraft username?:

hateur

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
My discord username is bells#4319.

How old are you? (Optional):
N/A

What is your time zone?:
PST

Describe your activity on the server:
Currently, I have more of an open schedule when it comes to SRP. So, my activity is medium on the scale. I log on at least once a day to see who else is online and who I can interact with. However, if there’s not much to do I’ll log off to work on something more effective. Such as this application. However, before I took a break from SRP and had more of a full schedule I was online for hours at a time with tasks to do such as opening for Kissako. I was also planning and attending my club meetings, interacting with my friends, and more. Although, as I said before, I just returned about a month ago and all I currently do is interact with friends or event team responsibilities. Not much ICly at the moment. I plan to add more to my plate such as Shopkeeper to get myself back into that slightly busy schedule so I have more things to do. Then, I’ll likely be on more than once a day as I usually am pre-break.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
Around June 2020, I was banned for doxxing. I have since matured from the once childish and irrational mindset that would allow me to commit an offense such as Doxxing. I quickly realized the threat was an idiotic thing to do which was proven in my appeal that was accepted that month. I can now acknowledge it took more than a few days to truly grasp the iniquities of my actions.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, and I’d take full accountability if this were to happen.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server

ACCEPTED:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lovingherr-literature-club-application.50742/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/__rileys-teacher-application.37189/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/__okaserror-culinary-application-subject-change.39468/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/luvingher-psychiatrist-application.51902/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/munchkina-event-team-application.59167/ https://schoolrp.net/threads/luvinghers-reporter-application.48080/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-ban-appeal.26783/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-ban-appeal.21981/ (shared account, was not me who got it banned as stated in the appeal.)

DENIED:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/meraki-restaurant-application.47176/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/interracial-club.45933/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/event-team-application-lovingherr.49787/#post-171257 https://schoolrp.net/threads/passionated-event-team-application.55721/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
On my main account, buvet, I’m currently in grade-12. The account I’m applying on, hateur, is one I haven’t really used since I was on EMS and I believe is in grade-9.

────────────────────────────────────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────────────────────────────────────

1683707304591.png

What shop are you applying for?:
In my application, I will be applying for a restaurant called Meraki. A restaurant of extravagant design for sophisticated citizens. Or simply those who wish to feel grandiloquent. Personally, I do not have a preference as to where Meraki should be located. Nevertheless, the shopping district would be a more suitable location.

Why do you want to become a Shopkeeper?:
I've wanted to engage and be involved with this faction for the longest time. It’s been the only faction I’ve had any interest in whilst playing for years now. I’ve been in the leader position twice within shops, Co-Owner back around 2021, and Shop-Manager before I took a break from SRP. In all my 4-5 years on this server, these two positions represent the best experiences I’ve had. When I opened, and when I helped new workers during openings I loved and enjoyed such responsibilities. Interacting with other players such as customers, and workers was a pleasing part of my shifts. Coming up with event ideas to get the shop more active, and helping Kissako, in general, was something I grew to be genuinely proud of. Every time I opened or experienced anything I listed above, it only made me want to lead my own shop more and more. I intend to give customers an exciting shop for dinners and more, and Karakura a shop with high maintenance activity. I want my shop to stick out and be known for its events and custom menu items. If accepted, I’d put my passion and time into the shop to do exactly as stated above. I'd maintain activity and make the environment amusing and eventful for workers and customers.

What do you plan to do with your shop, and what makes it unique?:
To start, the refined environment of the shop already makes it unique in a way. In Karakura there’s a wide variety of restaurants. Bakeries, Cafes, and even Diners. There are often traditional restaurants too. However, I have never seen a fancy restaurant that is based purely on being high class with a variety of cultural foods. Meraki will be a haven for all to be equal and feel empowered. A restaurant that is intended to make people feel above and beyond. Not only that, customer service and food will also be just as prestigious.

I’ll go into greater detail below, but to start with naming a few different plans I’ll begin with our interior. Our interior will be sleek, and modern, yet have elements of tradition from every culture on our menu. We want to create a space that is inviting to all and sparks a feeling of comfort and security. We will also include features of the local culture, such as cuisine and decorations. The overall goal is to create an atmosphere that's unique and special. For example, the Maneki Neko, which will be placed at the front of the restaurant, as is the traditional way of placing the bobtail statue. Not only that, our restaurant will have a stage somewhere along the side of the building or at the back of the restaurant. Why? We will have a band or singer at all times. They will send brief and vague actions occasionally to symbolize a light song in the background while everyone enjoys their food. Likely a classical song or jazz song. Then, every 10 minutes a link to listen along to the light and fitting music will be sent out. This is to create a cozy, inviting atmosphere for all who come to dine with us so that they can appreciate the meal to its fullest. Again, the songs will be simple melodies for all to listen to, not anything super high in bass or sound. The music will not be distracting but rather just a nice addition to the dining experience. We want to make sure that everyone feels comfortable and relaxed while they are enjoying their meal. We will be sure to keep the volume at a comfortable level so that conversations can still be heard. This is not to disturb those deep in conversation. However, on some nights of our events such as our Karaoke events the music will obviously be louder, though everyone will be briefed on this in the advert. After all, no one likes having to unexpectedly shout over their dinner to be heard!

I don’t want to spoil too much about our shop yet, so the last detail that I think is unique that I'll add is our in-person interviewing. To ensure that our workers are serious about the job and are actually active within the server, I plan to interview every possible worker in person. After the interview, I will decide if they are suitable to work at our shop, and if they are, I will provide them with the job, along with a detailed explanation of the rules and regulations via voice call. Adding on, once hired they will have one or two training processes to see how they handle acted-out scenarios that may happen when they work a shift at Meraki. Such as uncompliant customers, annoying teenagers, and simple customers coming to dine. This will give us an idea of how the workers handle these types of situations and how they can help us maintain our customer service standards. If they don’t meet as expected, they will be briefed on how to better handle the situations given to them. Furthermore, this will give us a chance to better understand our workers and their personalities. I will also inform them about the consequences of not following the rules and regulations as most shops do. Finally, I will assign the freshly hired group of workers a mentor, either a higher-up or me to help them settle into their new role.

What will you sell in your shop?:
Meraki will be a restaurant, as I mentioned previously. So our main sellers will be delicious meals for Karakura to enjoy. The restaurant's menu will feature a variety of cuisines from around the world, allowing customers to experience a different flavor every time they come in. We'll also offer a selection of wines, beers, champagne, and other alcoholic beverages to complement the food and cater to our customer's tastes and preferences. This will create an atmosphere of relaxation and enjoyment. I plan to have as many of the already accessible food items as most shops have and maybe even some exclusive ones via partnership. However, I also intend to get customs to broaden cultural variety. Again, I’ll expand into more detail below. However, to list off the items I have added to the custom list I’ll start with a few drink and food items. The first beverage I found was the Otai, which originated in Polynesia. In addition, Cha-Yen which is a tea. Mahalabia, for dessert as well as Crème Brûlée, and I have found a dish that originates in France called a Profiterole. This is basically a French cream puff which tends to be a rather complex dish if the instructions are not understood clearly. It is often served with ice cream and covered with chocolate sauce. Profiteroles are a luxurious treat and are often served in fine-dining restaurants.

How many employees do you plan to have?:
This is open to any adjustments, but this is the roster I came up with using my experience at other shops as a worker:

MANAGER(s) [1/5]:
For this position, I will be making sure there’s a variety of time zones. At least one or two opposite to my timezone so that during late hours for me, we can open at least once or twice during regular hours for other players. On top of this, I’ll be ensuring that Managers are being watched for their first few openings. This is just to make absolutely sure that they remain responsible while they lead shifts. I also plan to react fairly when it comes to managers and workers, your status at Meraki does not give you a get-away from required punishments. However, I don’t plan to have them open often, I don’t want to burn them out and I also look forward to opening myself. My current first manager is Jalang. Lastly, Managers will be helping with our in-person interviewing and training when I actually have them.

WAITER/WAITRESS(s) [0/11]
This is our first position, although our first it’s certainly not the least! Our waiters will be trained with the utmost importance to ensure they all get the proper experience whether their first restaurant job or not. Of course, the more experience, the less training. We don’t want to take any unnecessary time from our workers! Though, they will definitely all get at least two training sessions pre-first opening after they’re hired. As in most shops, their only job will be to make customers feel welcome, be respectful, give menus, take orders, and serve. However, I will always ensure the safety of my workers. If anything gets hostile, the manager on shift, or myself, will immediately take over the situation. Starting off, I’ll have five workers every shift. Then, as time goes on I’ll either lower that number or heighten it depending on how shifts go.

SINGER(s): [0/3]
On normal nights, the singers will send vague and occasional actions to go along with our jazz/classical music. This is simply for roleplay purposes! Singers will be hired based on their detail within actions. They will also be helping with our stage events, IF they’d like more to do.

EARNINGS:
Waiters = 40%
Singers = 25%
Leaving 35% for me or the managers and for taxes and other expenses.

────────────────────────────────────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────────────────────────────────────

1683707304629.png

Finally, the hyped-up “below” I have been talking about for almost the whole application. In this section of the application, I will go over the interior and exterior plans with picture references, descriptions, and pictures to go along with our customs, and events. If you’re not already intrigued, this may do the trick!

INTERIOR & EXTERIOR:
As I've said before, I intend for the entire property to be elegant and flashy. In the same way, I’d also love for it to give off themes of a speakeasy with the singer and stage, jazz music, and warm-toned colors. It is my intention for the build to be either a purple or orangey sunset theme, with either a dark wood to complement the purple, or a lighter wood to complement the orange and yellow colors. Theoretically, I hope it will convey comfort and style. In terms of architecture, the first photo appeals to me greatly, and I'd like to try to have the design at least somewhat similar to the light fixtures, stairs, and balcony that can be seen above the bar on the second floor. For the stage, I would prefer it to be more integrated into the wall, corner, or back of the restaurant to allow for more table space. Specifically, I would like an exterior design similar to the one shown below. There is a hint of greenery at the front, and Meraki would also have a similar number of windows to let in natural light during the day. Though, the coloring of the outside would obviously be altered to math the purple or sunset theme.
IMG_0914.jpgIMG_0976.jpg1683708851715.png

CUSTOM MENU ITEMS:
So far, I’ve incorporated Polynesian, Brazilian, Middle-East, French, and Thai dishes into a few custom items. Of course, I don’t have enough money to get more than a few items to begin with, but these are the ones I will definitely either buy first or eventually buy for Meraki. I plan to continue adding to the menu to enhance its cultural diversity, providing a unique culinary experience as well as sentiment to the variety of players from several different countries on SchoolRP.

Mahalabia
Mahalabia is a popular Arabic dessert made from milk, sugar, and rosewater. It is a creamy, sweet, pudding-like dish that is often decorated with ground pistachio and topped with sugar syrup to add sweetness. It is delicious, creamy, and light, making it an excellent addition to the custom menu items at Meraki.
1683707305125.png1683707305164.png

Sakura Lychee Mocktail
This mocktail contains a combination of sweet and tart flavors with a hint of a floral aroma. It is perfect for any occasion and is a great way to enjoy a delicious drink without having to worry about the effects of alcohol due to its lack of strong alcohol.

Açaí na Tigela
Açaí na Tigela is a Brazilian dish consisting of açaí berries blended with banana, granola, and other fruits. It is an energizing dish that is not only healthy but also perfect for the summer season because of its cool and refreshing ingredients.
(Reference photo can be found if googled!)

Cha-Yen
Cha-Yen is a popular Thai beverage prepared from tea and condensed milk. It has a sweet and creamy taste and can be served hot or cold. It’s a refreshing drink that is popular in Thailand during the hot summer months.
1683707556606.png

Crème Brûlée
Crème Brûlée is a classic French desser. Its smooth, creamy texture and sweet flavor make it a popular dessert choice. It's traditionally served cold and is the perfect way to end a meal.

‘Otai
'Otai is a traditional Polynesian dish made from coconut milk and diced fruits. The drink comes in several different flavors, such as Watermelon which is seen in the photo below. It is usually cold and is a popular dessert in Samoa, Hawaii, and other Pacific islands.

Profiteroles
Profiteroles are small French pastry puffs filled with cream or custard and topped with chocolate sauce. Their delicate texture and sweet flavor make them a delicious and classic dessert.

EVENTS:

In the text below, I’ll be going over three starting events I plan to follow through with at Meraki. These events will always be thoroughly planned and are open to revision if needed. Lastly, I plan to come up with more events as I learn what works for Meraki and our workers if the application is accepted.

STAGE NIGHTS:
To further promote Meraki through adverts, I plan to organize a bi-monthly stage night at Meraki. Employees and customers will be encouraged to perform an act of their choice - either a monologue, a song, a dance, a skit, a stand-up comedy set, or anything else they can think of. This event will provide a fun and creative platform for all within Meraki to express themselves and bond, or just enjoy the show along with their meals.

HOLIDAY EVENTS:
During the holiday seasons at Meraki, the atmosphere will be filled with pleasure and fun. On Christmas for example, we will organize a holiday feast for staff and customers alike on the exact Christmas day OOCly, where everyone can enjoy a free delicious meal of our choosing and share holiday stories. We will also host a charity event during Christmas where customers can donate to a faction of their choice. EMS, Government, KPD, or the Education faction as a whole. More Christmas events will include a Christmas party, with carol singing, discounted sweets, and alcohol for those at the proper age. Employees and customers can come together to enjoy a meal, exchange gifts, and share in the festive spirit. On New Year’s Eve, Meraki will host a grand celebration, with music, champagne, and other various alcohols, and a countdown to mark the start of a new year. Meraki will also have a special holiday edition of our Stage Night for each holiday, where everyone can perform a holiday-themed piece of their choice whether that be spooky-themed for Halloween, Love themed for Valentine's Day, or Christmas-themed! We will also decorate the restaurant, for example, during each holiday season the restaurant will be decorated with lights and various other themed decor, a decorated tree during Christmas, heart-themed decorations for Valentine's Day, Chinese Lanterns during Chinese New Year, and more. Additionally, we will have an array of holiday treats for our customers at a discount, such as drinks and suitable baked goods to match the accommodating holiday. Furthermore, we will be offering special holiday menus to mark the occasions, this is just a cute design idea and simply a themed menu. We are sure that these events will make the holiday season at Meraki an even more special and memorable one.

GAME NIGHTS:
As part of Meraki's game nights, it will provide a range of roll-based interactive games for people to play. Through rolls for arcade machines, a variety of games will be set up throughout the night. The highest score left in the building at the end of the shift will receive a cash prize of 50K! The OOCly customers may also join Meraki's voice channel to participate in a game night of actual OOC games where the winner can win a cash prize of double the original amount, totaling 100K ICly. As a result, this is a great way for both customers and employees to bond in a fun and enjoyable way! Not to mention, free snacks and drinks for all! Who said a night of gaming couldn't be profitable? But don't forget, the loser has to do the dishes. Just kidding, free drinks and food at no cost. Even for those who don’t win in the end.

Additional notes about your application:
https://discord.gg/vEEXDVcnSk: a permanent link to our discord server!

Do you have any questions?:
N/A

└────────────────────────────────────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Attachments

• 1683707304727.png
    1683707304727.png
    653.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

flowersak

Level 121
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
DENIED

Thank you for applying but all slots have been filled as of right now. Feel free to re-apply when applications are next open.​

Users who are viewing this thread