cho0ii.

Discord Name & Tag:

rowannnnnnn.

Which timezone are you in?

GMT/BST.

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

ACCEPTED:

Describe your activity on the server:

I have a decent activity on the server. I usually log on every day or so, for up to 6 hours per day, or more during days I don't have anything to do. Usually week days I am less active, as I have to go to art tutoring, marine biology classes and sometimes have to go to work. Usually when I am online I'm online I can be found roleplaying with friends, going to events or chatting with people in OOC or LOOC. I do sometimes take breaks from SRP for a week or so to do more interesting things, however this is only once or twice every 3 months. Below I have provided a table, displaying when I am free or not.

MONDAY
TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
SATURDAY
SUNDAY
Work With Parents - 10:00 - 14:30
Art Tutoring - 9:30 - 10:30
Beach Classes - 10:00 - 11:00
Circus Class - 10:00 - 11:00
Free Day
Free Day
Free Day

I would like to also note that Beach classes refer to my marine biology classes, and will often change depending on the availability of the marine biologist teaching the class.

What is your motivation for applying?:

Having been in KPD August of 2022, and having to leave due to OOC reasons, I come back again a fourth time to re-apply. Within the short while I was in KPD, it was by far the most enjoyable faction I have ever been in. I very much enjoyed the training, talking to people, and the people apart of the faction were extremely kind and well-rounded people. Although my time in KPD did not showcase me well as a person, I do wish to rejoin to show the improvement I have made in roleplay and how I conduct myself around other players. A secondary motivation for applying is the possibility of being a cadet with two of my very close friends. When joining KPD in the past a big deterring factor was the fact that none of my OOC friends were in the faction with me, and although I do enjoy to make new friends, it is often better for me to start off with people I am familiar with. When I saw one of these friends had applied, and when I was made aware another one of them was soon to apply, I immediately felt motivated to make an application, as not only would I have the opportunity to roleplay with my friends in such a closely knitted faction, I would also be given the possibility to make new friends. Along with having friends applying, I do have one or two friends in the faction already, who I do wish to grow closer bonds with, and of course, a few people who seem very kind, and genuine people, who I would wish to in the future have a friendship with. Not only the offer of friends motivated me, but also the possibility to grow my character. I am someone who loves character development, and of course a happy ending of a chapter in my characters story, so when I saw such applications had opened, I was extremely excited and of course motivated to apply, so I could develop my character past her current state. My final form of motivation for applying has to come from the reputation side of things. Although I do have a decent reputation, and it is adequate, I do think it can be improved. Joining KPD would not only be enjoyable for me, but would improve my reputation so people would see better of me, and I could show future cadets kindness whenever they join.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

KPD (Karakura Police Department) was established as a faction, to combat the mass amount of GangRP and CrimeRP on the server. The faction consists of 2 divisions - Main division and Detective division - and is managed by the commissioner (YonioTheNacho) and captain (Ecocide). It has a total of 31 members, 8 of these 31 places are taken up by the cadet role. Cadets are officers in training, who go through physical training (teaches the player how to deal with certain situations) and informational training (teaches them about bail prices, how to do certain activities such as visitations). KPD applications are reviewed by the higher up team, and they vote on who they want in the faction. To get into the faction, players must have a good reputation, a well written and detailed application, a good activity and experience on the server. Once the new officers are accepted, they go through an introduction phase, where they are introduced to all their equipment, and taught how to use them. They are also taught about the different uniforms they must wear (usually consisting of options for each division, a version for summer and a regular version). Once the introduction is completed, they are usually given a tour of the police station, and the officer giving the introduction and tour will explain what each room is, and some basic rules about KPD, along with the Quota system. The Quota system is a system designed to show how active an officer is. The officer must achieve a set Quota to get their paycheck at the end of the month. After a certain amount of time without meeting the expected Quota goal, without an appropriate inactivity log, the officer will be removed from the faction altogether.

Upon completing both training, evaluations and cadet exams, the officer will be promoted to patrol officer, and will be given access to the patrol officer uniform, along with the item 'Police Badge'. Police badges work similarly to IDs, however instead it will display your call sign (e.g. K666) which is used over the radio for easier communication. Along with having call signs for easier communication, KPD also have radio codes - A short sentence usually consisting of 'K' and a number - which make communicating over the radio much easier and quicker, especially in high intensity situations where you do not have enough time to type out an entire sentence. Speaking of radios, what are they? Radios are one of the items you receive when you first join the faction. It is a small item that you hold in your off hand, and will appear on your shoulder. Using a set command, you can use the radio to speak to other officers. The radio is a breakable item though, and if a player has the appropriate permissions, they are allowed to action to break the item, meaning you will no longer be allowed to use it. Radios also have a feature that allows you to make an emergency call to the other officers. Such an emergency call can only be used in certain situations (e.g. your character has been stabbed). To use this feature, you have to action to press a certain button on your radio, and roll with the appropriate amounts. If done so, the officer can make their way over to a discord channel in the Emergency Services server, and put in a log to say the button was pressed. Upon other officers seeing this, they can log on, and come to assist with the situation. As there are many different items KPD can have, I have provided a list below with information on all of the items.

EQUIPMENT INFORMATION
ITEM NAME
INFORMATION
BATON- Illegal to carry (Legal under Police)
- Muggable
- Two hit K.O.
- Has to be actioned to use (roll)
- Close-range weapon
HANDCUFFS- Restricted to Police
- Non-muggable
- All officers have Handcuffs
- Resisting being cuffed is permitted (must be rolled for)
POLICE RADIO- Restricted to Police
- Non-muggable
- Action needed to use IF in range
- Can be broken with blunt weaponry (Major assault permissions or Kill permissions needed)
BREATHALYSER- Restricted to Police
- Non-muggable
- Must be actioned to use
- Tests the amount of Alcohol in breath
POLICE BADGE- Restricted to Police
- Non-Muggable
- Must be actioned to show (right click to show)
- Only possessed by Patrol Officer and higher
X26 TASER- Restricted to Police
- Cannot K.O.
- Stuns for 1 minute
- Non-muggable
- Must action to fire unless moving
- Grants Major Assault permissions if stunned/attempted
PEPPER SPRAY- Restricted to Police
- Cannot K.O.
- Non-muggable
- Has to be actioned to take out (roll) and used (honour).
- Grants Minor assault permissions
- Blinds for 30 seconds
- Four block range
CROWBAR- Illegal (Legal for Police)
- Two hit K.O.
- Has to be actioned to take out and used (roll)
- Two-block range
- Only possessed by Corporals and higher
TRANQUILIZER- Restricted to Police
- Must be actioned to take out IF in range (roll) and used (Honour)
- Non-muggable
- Will make target unconscious for two minutes
- 30 block range
- Only possessed by Sergeants and Detective Inspectors
RIOT SHIELD- Illegal (Legal for Police)
- Muggable
- Must be actioned to take out (roll) and switch from main hand to off hand
- When in main hand, the officer will not be able to use offensive tools
- When in off hand, the shield will not give any offensive or defensive properties, however the officer can use offensive tools
- Can push target out of range
- One block range
POLICE BIKE- Restricted to Police
- Non-muggable
- Only holds one person
- High speed
- Only possessed by Corporal+ and Detectives
POLICE CRUISER- Restricted to Police
- Non-muggable
- Holds four people
- High speed
- Only possessed by Higher-up Officers and Detective Inspectors

These are only the physical items though, there are an entire list of ItemRP equipment that officers will use throughout their time in KPD. Such items can range from Latex gloves, all the way to luminol spray. These items can be possessed by all officers. Below is a list of all items and information on them.

ITEMRP INFORMATION
ITEM NAME
INFORMATION
LUMINOL SPRAY- Can be sprayed on weapons or bats to check for blood
- Will not detect blood if the weapon or bat was cleaned with hydrogen peroxide
- Non-Muggable
LATEX GLOVES- All KPD uniform carry these by default
- Cannot show fingerprints through gloves
- Non-muggable
FINGERPRINT SCANNER- Police ItemRP item
- Scans fingerprints
- Can match fingerprints with the suspect and target
FIRST-AID KIT- Used when no EMT are available
- When used it will add 5 extra minutes to bleed out timer
BODY CAMERA- Police ItemRP item
- Water poof
- Constantly recording and live streaming
- Is attached to the front of the officers body, and all video is uploaded to the cloud database
- Cannot be removed but can be broken (2 hit with blunt force or 1 stab)
- Has the same properties as a security camera

Bringing myself back to the discussion of Quota, how do you get Quota? Quota can be gained from doing tasks around the police station, such as visitations, arresting people, going on patrol, apartment raids and many many more tasks. Each of these tasks will have a limit, so officers cannot just do the exact same task 30 times in one day and that be it for the month. Below I have provided a list, detailing the many tasks you may partake in when apart of KPD.

ACTIVITIES
- Arresting criminals; This can be for multiple different reasons, arresting them does not mean indefinitely they will end up in jail.
- Taking reports. This can be for crimes such as assault, vandalism, harassment and many other crimes.
- Inmate care. This can be taking them to the cafeteria for food, making them run laps on the prison roof or shoot hoops on basketball, visitations and more.
- Engaging in events. This can range from guarding a governor during their monthly speech, assisting in similar events to the pop-up zoo event, and flash events that may need the assistance of KPD.
- Monitoring CCTV. KPD have a plugin that allows them to see different areas in the city in real time.
- Front desk duty. This is a activity where you simply sit at the front desk, and assist anyone who comes along with questions, reports, bail requests and more.
- Patrol. Officers are allowed to go in big groups or by themself, to walk around the city and stop any ongoing crimes, such as fights, verbal harassment, street racing and more.
- Interrogating. Interrogations are usually not carried out by patrol officers, usually only the detective division with the exception of sergeants, however when they do interrogate people, it is most commonly gang members, or people who are suspected to be partaking in larger crimes, or are suspects in ongoing cases. Interrogations are recorded.
- Guilty plea judicial logs. When someone is accused of crime, for example theft, and they plead not guilty, officers are required to fill out a log, explaining the events from their point of view and the accused.
- Raids. When someone has commited a crime, and are suspected of harbouring weapons, KPD are given a warrant and are permitted to raid any properties the player has access to.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?

With a large portion of SRP's players partaking in GangRP (Gang Roleplay) and CrimeRP (Crime Roleplay) it is expected that we would need a third group of people to keep such groups under control, and make such experiences more exciting for the players. This is why KPD is implace, and why it is so important. GangRP at times can become very overrun, with unrealistic amounts of gangs yes, however to combat this KPD was put in place to A. deter the amount of characters partaking in GangRP and CrimeRP due to the possibility of being arrested, and B. To stop those who do partake in GangRP from overrunning the experience with this type of Roleplay. Not only is KPD important to SRP for these reasons, but also for the possibilities of PoliceRP. Because GangRP and CrimeRP are so prominent in the community, KPD also is too. Because players want more roleplay experiences, it is very important that KPD is open to all players to apply to, so they can try their hand at such an experience.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

Yes, I acknowledge such, and plan to attend any and all trainings held while I am online.

What's your character's full name?:

Hanae Domen.

How old is your character (if accepted)?:

What are your character's gender and pronouns?:

Female, She/Her.

Please select your highest academic role at the time of writing this application:
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Masters in Psychology.

"The human brain fascinates me, and even though such a degree would be more beneficial in EMS, I still apply here."

What languages does your character know besides Japanese?:

Mandarin, Gaelic, Spanish.

"My mother put a lot of stress on learning languages, so I am trilingual."

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Hanae Domen | The Keeper of Keys
"I am only a branch of ones blood line, yet the future of the world."

Hanae was a woman of Japanese descent, a quiet one at that. Ginger locks fell down to her shoulders, straight as a ruler. Eyes a blue like the winter, soft against her pale skin. She stood at the height of 5'4, weighing 138lbs. A burly physic she had, years of training showing apparent in her appearance. She spoke delicately, her tone softer than the swaying of the wind. Her features were soft - A button nose, with soft monolid eyes and a rounded face shape - Only broken by the lengthening scar running from the top of her forehead to the mid of her cheek. She walked with a confidence in her stride, yet not outspoken, peculiar to most. Her clothes consisted of muted darker tones - Blacks, browns and greys - That notably complimented her shining ginger hair. She usually sported skirts, with heels, or a few suits on occasion; She prefered to look more feminine. The wisps of her fringe covered her face, her hair styled meticulously.

Hanae is unique through many ways, every person is unique, there is always something that will separate you from the crowd. As a child, it would be her hair. People would point and stare in her small area of Sapporo, not used to seeing such vibrant, firey hair. This made her stand out, it made her unique, different from her family. Although now, there is not much unique about her, unless you dig deep into the mind of Hanae. If you do, what would be so unique is her knowledge. Silence is the key to learning, you hear everything, you know what is said, and if you dig deep within her mind, what you would find unique is how much she may know, yet will never say. She holds the keys to so many stories, yet never will say. She is the keeper of keys, uniquely herself, under it all.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

Professionally, Hanae is her usual silent self. She doesn't speak over others, she only speaks when she wants to say something, and will always respect when those above her are speaking. She keeps emotions out of it, as it is professional; How she feels about a decision doesn't matter unless it will impact her majorly. Although silent, she is fine with socializing. She realizes her quiet self cannot overtake what is deemed acceptable, and will make small talk with people around her, although it is rare for her to grow close bonds.

Casually, Hanae is her authentic self, she is not limited by the professional expectations of the workplace. She is rather chatty when outside of work, in the comfort of her home, or when having a casual private talk with people. She is truly, a talkative person, although the outside only sees her hard exterior, her silent self. She is rather kind when casually talking to people. She doesn't judge people, nor their decisions. But she is one to not accept her wrongs. She is stubborn at times, although such stubbornness
rarely seeps through in her professional or work life.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

Hanae, underneath it all, is a massive people person. Even as a child, she loved people, although the judgement of others has whittled her down, until she is silent, no longer speaking. When the time comes, she will speak to co-workers, make small talk, and make the environment of the KPD feel that little bit more happier. Teamwork is her strong suit. Yes, someone who may appear quiet, can be good working in a team. She is always on standby, waiting for orders, or is ready to make orders herself. She is always ready to make the better decision, and listen to other ideas so they can make such a dangerous and stressful job that little bit more bearable.

What's your character's backstory?

[I would like to note, since the last time I applied I have changed the backstory slightly, to make it more interesting. Enjoy.]

The Chapters of One's Life: Hanae Domen
"Life is a balancing act, and I am the performer."

[!] This backstory is told from the perspective of the character, as she accounts it. [!]

Sapporo, 1998 June 20th. That's when it all started. I had two loving parents, born and raised in Japan. They were the children of a long bloodline, all of them working as police officers. I remember barely anything, from the three years after birth, only stories. I know I was very energetic. I loved to play with things, babble, point at anything my tiny hands could. I was sweet, for the most of it. I was different though. At first my hair was growing in very light, like I would be blonde; Still rare for my family of black hair, but what it was was much worse. As I aged with time, becoming more of a moving person - rather than just the inanimate blob children are in their first years - my hair reddened. Bright ginger. Confused, was how my parents described the sight. Turns out my mother was in fact part Irish - Her mother was Irish - and such lavish ginger hair had skipped a generation. My grandmother had been the same - A bright pumpkin red like the leaves of the autumn. Her name was Hanae, it meant blossom. My parents chose to give me her name, as if I was a mini version of herself. The red hair, in the beginning - When I was too young to remember - never affected me. I was a simple baby, babbling away my time as my family cooed over their future. They were so endorsed with the idea of continuing their long bloodline of police officers, that they failed to realize how harsh the judgement of others could be.

I do remember some things, from when I lived in Sapporo. The feeling of always being anxious to leave the house. In my area, it was rare to see anyone with such bright hair, it's even more rare to be fully Japanese, and still have red hair. I am not truly, fully Japanese, but almost no one is pure of blood, it is very rare to see such. But that is besides the point, curious people stare. They stare, with sharp eyes that almost slice a child's confidence. And of course, people stared. They were curious of such vibrant hair, they would point, stare, like I was merely an exhibit. I understand now, that people will always stare, but as a child, it affected me. I went from an energetic, babbling toddler, to not speaking a single word outside of my own home. People just thought I was shy, but truly, the staring was just too much for me. Most experiences are a blur, but I do remember one. I mean, who doesn't remember how they were nearly blinded? I was probably around the age of 5, old enough to walk and talk, even though I barely did. A simple visit to the park it was. As usual, I hated it, I was reluctant to go, but my mother and father forced me. I was simply playing on the slide, no joy in my face, an obvious sign I was bored. A group of kids, maybe the age of 12 or 13 came up to me. They spoke to me so sweetly, complimenting my hair. That was the first ever compliment I had received about it, it made me trust them. . . Oh how wrong I was to do that. They spoke to my parents. and were given permission to walk me to a nearby tree. My parents obviously were head over heels about me actually socializing for once, but how so wrong they were to believe the sweet words of some children. They took me behind the tree, and immediately, pushed me down. I started crying, although I wasn't loud about it, I didn't want to draw more attention to myself than I already had. They started making fun of my hair, pointing at me, asking if I was a carrot. I realize how stupid the insults were now, but my small, young mind was overwhelmed with upset. One of the older kids got to close to me, I got scared. He was touching my hair, ruffling it, so I kicked him in the knee. . . Which I didn't realize was cut with a bandaid over it. . . He screamed, and began cursing. He brought out a small knife - The type you use to carve wood - And sliced it across my eye. . . I screamed, my parents rushed over as the group fled, cackling in the harm they had caused. My parents were so worried, asking how I did it. . . And I lied. I said I tripped and a sharp branch grazed my eye. And they believed me. . . They believed my small, 5 year old logic, and took me to the hospital. What they were saying is all blurred to me, but I live with a reminder of that day; A scar. I live with the reminder that for one simple mistake, I was almost blinded. . . And I hold that reminder close to me whenever I am in Karakura, to remind me of how dangerous this town truly is.

I learnt very young that I had a reputation to uphold. I was taught about the police, and how it worked. My parents explained the importance of having such a long line of police officers, not broken by me. They told me it was like being a superhero, that I got to save people. I loved the idea of being a superhero, saving people from "bad guys". From what I have learnt in my psychology degree, not everything is as black and white as I thought it was. As a child, I saw my family as the "perfect" family, that was until my parents split. I never knew why. . . I've always asked my mom, always curious why such a happy family was destroyed. . . But of course, she refuses to tell me. . . I was devastated, in my childish eyes I no longer had parents. I do of course, I visit them regularly. . . But it left a sting on my heart. My father said my mother could take care of me mainly, and I could visit him on occasion. They had it agreed by legally, and my mother made a decision, that changed the rest of my life. She got a job offer. A tutor, on a remote island, known as Karakura. . . She left everything behind in Sapporo, and moved there with me, so she could keep herself financially stable. She sacrificed her work as an officer to provide for me. And so, I am eternally grateful to her. She made the decision to homeschool me. Besides, she was a tutor, she could handle teaching her own child. I was never good at paying attention. I fidgeted, talked. Even side tracked by my own thoughts. It made my mothers life ten times harder. . . But we managed, and I excelled eventually. She always described me of having a vivid imagination. I was a ball of creativity, and in our home, I spoke so much that there was barely enough room for air. I don't know why such creativity was held inside of me. . . I didn't do anything creative with my life. Around my 7th birthday, my mother was. . . More closed off. . . Like she'd built a wall around us. I was confused, we had always been close. I told her everything as a child, a right gossip. But it made our bond closer. So when she just shut herself off, I was confused. . . Eventually though, it would make sense to me. . .

My mother introduced me to someone, someone special to her. . . She had a new boyfriend. He seemed nice in the beginning. He talked to me softly, he was kind to my mother and treated me as his own. . . At the time, I brushed off my mother secrets as simply hiding her new partner. Oh how wrong I was, and always will be. I remember going on a walk with my mother and her partner. We walked passed some close by alleyways, and my curious eyes caught a glimpse of something so familiar to me; KPD. My feet stopped, glued in place, as if I was almost pulled towards them. They were simply defusing a situation - Some kids were fighting and in masks - but to me, it was like seeing a superhero in action. I watched as they pushed some of the kids to a wall, patted them down, cuffing them. It was mesmerizing to me. . . I was gonna be like them some day, I told myself. I was gonna be a superhero. A pair of the officers led two kids away, one of them following. They stopped, glancing at me. I was extremely small, I must say. Probably appearing around 5 or 6. I walked up to them, and - So out of character of me - Talked to them. . . "Hello! I'm Hanae," I said, "Are you a. . .A. . . . Superhero?". The officer smiled down at me, kneeling down to be around my size. "You could say that kid. Do you wanna be a superhero like me one day?" And of course, I nodded. "Well, I hope to see you on the force someday. Who knows, you might be a cadet that I train!". They gave me a high five, and continued on. Like it was just an ordinary interaction. But they didn't know, that would start an entire barrel roll of events in my life. They didn't know that it would make the career I have today. I waddled back to my mother, happy as could be, as we just continued our walk. As if it was just an everyday interaction. How far from that it was.

Nothing truly life changing happened to me for a few years. . . If I'm honest, it's all just a blur. Learning, drawing, being my young self. I know something important that did happen though; I was sent to Karakura High School. My mother wanted to focus more on her real work as a tutor, and not stress about teaching me. So she made the decision to send me to school. At first, I was reluctant. I had never been to school. What was it like? Are people going to make fun of me for my hair? But as I thought. . . My opinion evolved. This could be my chance to learn more about KPD, maybe even get into college and become one eventually. With a happy mindset, I started going to school. I wasn't new to anything, truly. I was up to date with the most "fashionable" clothes, when I did talk, I wasn't snooty, just normal. I honestly thought I would get through it without anyone noticing me. I was wrong. Now, that isn't a bad thing. I wasn't noticed and bullied mercilessly by older kids, more accepted into the. . . Popular kids group. . . I was obviously surprised. I was a ginger, very quiet most of the time, but they still wanted me as a friend. Now, I would complain that they did make me a meaner person in my older years. . . But they broke me out of my shell. . . I started talking, I enjoyed going out with people, going to parties and gossiping. . . It confused me. . . But I am grateful. Because of them, I'm now able to actually speak to people. But not everything is black and white. I became more. . . Mean. I was rude to teachers, would go out drinking with my friends, I honestly made a mess of my life. All I wanted was status, and because of that I lost a lot of valuable learning time. I started getting detention often. . . And of course, my mother was not pleased. . . But I ignored all her warnings, of how it could ruin my future. I was truly a stupid child. Around such a time, my mother shaved her head. . . I was confused, but she just explained she liked the look. . . I think it was maybe a month or two later, she'd be leaving on a "Business trip". I brushed it off. . . But I would later regret such a basic view of the trip.

I think I was around maybe 15 or 16 when I let my best friend Sylvie dye my hair. I met her around the same time I had joined school, and we had just become extremely close. And with this closeness came Sylvie's nagging to dye my hair blonde. "You'll look good with blonde hair!" She said, "Trust me!" She said. I finally gave in to her demands. The grin on her face when I finally huffed and said fine. She was such a sweet girl. I loved her, truly. But what I did not love was the abomination of a hair dye job she gave me. She bleached my hair (first mistake), and did the end first rather than the roots (second mistake). She also didn't use a blonde box dye over the bleach, just left me with bleach blonde hair. How could I have been that stupid to let her bleach my hair? I was obviously annoyed. I ignored her for around a week. Silent treatment for destroying my hair. I was stuck with bright blonde hair for quite a while. . . It wasn't the most enjoyable experience. When I went home that day, my mothers boyfriend was practically cackling about the state of my hair. I expected my mother to be sympathetic of me, for my now wreck of my hair, but instead, we had an argument. I'd had 11 detentions that month. . . I was barely scaving suspension. She berated me, saying my friends were a bad influence, using my destroyed hair as an example. Her boyfriend - Of course - Had to chirp in. "I don't even know why you hang out with Sylvie. Isn't her dad in jail or something? If there's something wrong with the dad there's something wrong with the kid.". I lost it. Sylvie's dad had gone to jail when she was around 4, he was deep into crime, and was just trying to keep his family on their feet. I do not at all endorse crime as a way of money, but it does not mean her father was a bad person, or that she deserved to be compared to his actions. I started screaming, shouting insults and pointing out every imperfection on his body. My mother sent me to my room. A stupid idea, truly. We had a trellis going down from my window to the ground floor. I packed enough clothes for two days, although I was gone for far longer. Maybe a month. . . I climbed down the trellis and went to stay with Sylvie. . . I explained to her the situation. The look in her eyes when I said I lost it, over something said about her. I don't know what it was, a look of happiness, maybe admiration, but I noticed. She started laughing, pulling drinks from her fridge. "Well looks like Miss. Perfect royally fucked up." Sylvie always managed to make things better. . . I wish she was here with me now...

I stayed with Sylvie for a while. We gossiped, talked, she shared most her clothes with me since I'd very much underpacked. I wanted to just live with her for the rest of my life. I would've, unless my mother's boyfriend had called me. . . "Oh thank the Kami's you're alive. . . Get to the hospital, now. You're mother was transported over here a day ago." My heart simply sank. . . He hung up immediately, no explanation to what had happened. I told Sylvie, and we immediately got in her car and started driving to the hospital. I sprinted in, screaming my mum's name. . . A doctor heard me and told me to calm down, he escorted me and Sylvie to my mothers room, her boyfriend pacing the room. The doctor came in, and explained to me that "My mother's brain tumor had essentially eaten the part of her brain that allowed her to speak and move." I was so confused. . . She'd never told me she had a tumor. I told the doctor this, and he explained that a couple years ago my mother had been found to have a brain tumor. They did chemo, which is probably why my mother shaved her head. . . And she had a surgery to try remove the tumor. They managed to remove part of it, but it continued to grow. . . I was told she would be kept in the hospital. . . And I would be able to visit on occasion. . . But she didn't have much time left with me. . . A month more at most. . . I was in a state. . . I didn't know how to deal with it. . . Why didn't she tell me? Why? I wouldn't of cared. . . I spent most of the day with her. . . And then went home with Sylvie. I couldn't contain my upset. I just sat on the sofa, crying, while Sylvie tried to comfort me. . .

My mother passed away a week later. Her boyfriend was given the house in the will, and I received any of her remaining assets, clothes, items of value, but also a letter. . . I forgot about that letter for a long time, never opening it, collecting dust on my shelves. Myself, Sylvie, my mothers boyfriend and my biological father attended the funeral. . . My father gained custody of me, and moved to Karakura. He comforted me throughout the period after her funeral, along with Sylvie. She was by my side every minute of the day. I was a wreck for maybe a month, and just depressed for the following 6 months. . . I started going to therapy. They helped a lot with overcoming the grief, they talked to me about a lot of my problems, about the eye slicing incident too. . . I was never diagnosed with anything, but it was sure something in my brain was just off, a screw loose somewhere in such a maze. They told me in the sessions to focus on my hobbies more, and find new ones. So I did. I started drawing more, and reading, but I also picked up gardening. It was an interesting hobby, to nurture something, watch it grow. I see now why my mother loved tutoring so much. . . I also started visiting the shrine in the woods more. Shintoism was a big thing to my mother, and I wanted to see why she was so faithful. It gave her hope. Hope that I would grow to become a strong woman, and enjoy my life, hope that she would get to see me graduate. Hope that life was good. Her life was a good one. . . It was a miraculous one.

Exams came around the corner, hitting me like a bus. We had 2 weeks to prepare. This was the deciding factor of my future. Of whether I would become KPD or not. Whether I would continue my blood line. . . Sylvie helped me so much. . . She was a smart girl, but kind, funny, and sassy at times. She was the bestest friend I could ask for. I studied like it was the end of the world if I didn't pass. Well, it wasn't the end of the world, more the end of my future. Exams came. I remember the anxiety I had walking into that hall. My heart felt like it would simply burst from my chest. As I opened that paper, a wave of relief washed over me. I knew almost everything on that test. I passed. 73%. I was so proud of myself. I felt like I had just achieved the hardest task in the world. Sylvie passed to, although she just scrapped it. 60%, down to the mark. We were beyond happy. A lot of my other friends passed too. A few of them, unfortunately failed, and didn't get into college, but they were still happy with their results. We had a bonfire the day we got the results. We were being idiot teenagers. We had gathered all our exam revision, and used it as fire starter, and one of Sylvie's friends Mikhail had got his hands on sparklers. We ran around the fire, screaming with delight. This was a new chapter, for all of us. We were no longer kids, we were adults. We were entering out futures, and we were far more than ready. Graduation day rolled around the corner. Everything was happening so fast. It was terrifying, but the most exciting thing in my life all at once. As we all were called to get our diplomas, I felt a feeling of happiness, or completion shoot through my body. I'd done it. I'd made it. I'd done far better than anyone I knew had expected, and I had passed. As everyone started to leave the auditorium, heading home, or to the spartan house in the woods to celebrate, me and Sylvie went to sit behind the bleachers. She'd gotten cupcakes the day before, and had managed to somehow fit them in a backpack that she had over her stomach the entire ceremony. She was full of surprises. We shared cupcakes, and talked about all the funny things that had happened, like the fact Mikhail stood on his robe and almost fell off the stage. And Sylvie asked two questions. First, if I would start dating her. I was overjoyed, practically grinning with happiness. We had been best friends most of our lives, but we always knew it would end up like that. I said yes, and then came her final question. "So. . . Since we're now adults, I was thinking rather than staying in that tiny apartment with your dad. . . You could move in with me-?". And of course, I said yes.

I told my father of the decision I made. He was proud of me. I was finally becoming myself. I was no longer that silent child I was when I lived in Sapporo, I was the energetic, happy baby I was when I was born. It took around 3 days to pack my things, but I got there eventually. Sylvie helped me unpack my things, and helped me get used to things. It was nearing halloween, so we decided to get decorations. We spent hours in the shop, picking spider webs and the perfect pumpkins to carve. We got Halloween candy, way too much. All the things I liked; the classics, candy corn, gummy eyes. And all the chocolate, just how Sylvie would have it. We had to get her favourite - Lotte Choco Pie - Or she wouldn't stop complaining. I can't bring myself to buy them anymore. . . We went home and watched horror movies. I got scared of almost every single one. Most of them were in English, so we didn't understand anything, and Sylvie refused to put subtitles on. We were in the middle of watching a film called 'Scream', when there was a knock at the door. I got up from my seat, but Sylvie stopped me. "It's alright, I'll get it." She walked to the door, and I continued to watch the film. She rushed back in, putting her shoes on, running out the door without saying a word. . . She came back 6 hours later. . . I was worried sick. She never gave me an answer. . . If she had, I would've lived a lot easier. . .

Similar things kept happening over the next 6 months. . . It came up to Sylvie's birthday, and we'd planned to go out to dinner. . . She got a call midway through. "Fuck. . . I've gotta go, work stuff." She said. "Sylvie we're in the middle of dinner. Can it not wait?". I got no reply. She just got up and left. . . I called up an old friend - Mikhail - And asked if we could spend time with each other. We talked about everything, how our studies had been since we left High School. We decided to go sit around a campfire, in the woods. Mikhail had gotten married a little bit after graduation, he was having a happy life, studying in computer science, spending a lot of time with his wife. He wasn't the clumsy kid who tripped over his robe at graduation. He was now an adult. His life was doing so much better than me. . . Sylvie and I were now so distant. She never told me anything, disappeared for days at a time, and because I always worried for her, my studies were failing. . . I'd chosen psychology. The human brain is a fascinating thing to me. We sat and talked, for hours, talking about our plans for after college. That's when I got a call. . . It was from Sylvie's phone, but it was far from the woman I loved. . . A man was speaking to me. "Why isn't it Ms. Domen? Oh how we've wished to speak to you someday." He said, "My name is █████ ███ and I wish to invite you to █████ █" I was confused. Who was this man? Why did he need me? It all became clear, so quickly. Mikhail drove me to █████ █, and I started running up the stairs. I was mortified. As I met with the ███ █████, I felt a tarp go over my head. Something was shoved in my mouth. I kicked and squirmed, but it was no use. When I could finally see, I was in a room, tied to a chair. I looked around, fear in my eyes, only to be drowned by the sight of my love - Sylvie. She was bruised, tied to a chair with cuts lining her body. . . A man came out, wearing a Blue kitsune mask. He greeted me, before walking up to Sylvie. . . "I suppose you didn't tell Ms. Domen here of your job? Did you ██████?" Confusion, fear, anger. It welled up inside of me, all at once. "Your girlfriend here, Ms. Domen, has worked for a rival of mine. . . She recently assisted in the assassination of ██████ ████. And so, She will pay. With her life, and your viewing." My heart sank. . . The multiple days missing, visits to the hospital. . . My best friend, my closest ally, my partner, was not who I thought they were. The man of the kitsune mask snapped his fingers, and was brought a katana. . . Patterns of flowers - rosemary specifically - had been carved into the pure blade, the glisten of its sharp edge, only illuminated by lantern light. He would drag Sylvie from her chair, laying her flat on the floor. . . As he raised the blade, he caught a glimpse of my eyes - pain. I could only describe it as that. "Anything you wish to say? █████. . ." Only 5 words escaped her mouth, coughing tears from her throat. "I'm sorry. . . I love you. ." That was the last of it. . . I screamed so loud, my voice broken as the blade crashed down. . . She was gone. My best friend, my partner, my closest link. . . I would never see her again. . . 7 years. 7 years I had known her. . . And now she was gone for good. The one person who could bring the better out of me, the person who made me speak. She was gone until the day I died.

I never truly recovered from Sylvie's death. Truly, I believe I never will. You'd expect it to hit lesser than my mother's death, but when you witness the one person who made you yourself die, you never recover. Grief does not get smaller, you just learn to co-exist with it. I never spoke to anyone about her death. . . I don't know what I would say. I don't even know the full story. . . Why did she? How did she? How did I not know. . . I never will. Never will I know the full story. I tried for about a year. . . Looking for the clues, looking to find out who did this. . . I never did. Sylvie's funeral was so packed. . . 50, maybe even 60 people attended. It really showed how many people truly cared about her, how many people she made happy. . . I recognised most of them. . . But a group stood out to me. A tall man, excellent physic, dark black hair swept back, an eyepatch, with a bright red cobweb across it. . . He stood with a much younger man, and a woman. She looked around my age, posing with a bright red umbrella. That woman spoke to me during the funeral. . . "I'm so sorry for your loss. . . Sylvie was such a wonderful woman. She truly loved you. . ." I assumed she was a friend of Sylvie's, although she had a very prominent French accent. . . Which I didn't find often, except for Sylvie herself. She was raised in France and moved to Karakura maybe 3 years after her father was arrested. "A strong woman, truly. I mean, the things she helped me with. . ." I just nodded along. No emotion was in my face, only the flat face you give when you've just realised you never will see someone again. But such an expression faded in a mere second. . . The woman said something in Mandarin. . . Without realising, I spoke Mandarin. "Rest in peace ██████. . . You're father would be proud. . ." I stopped, turning to look at her, as a raspy breath escaped my mouth. My eyes had widened, to her realisation that I spoke Mandarin. . . She began running, although difficult, she was wearing heels - One a silk black, the other a red velvet - With 1 inch, maybe 1 . 5 heels. . . A crowd of people broke in between us, showing "sorrow for my loss." Half of them didn't even know me. As I broke through the crowd. . . She was gone, along with the two men. . . I left the funeral, bursting into our apartment. . . No, my apartment. I was screaming in frustration. That was my chance, my chance to figure out what happened. . . I was determined though, to find out what happened. To find the missing pieces to why Sylvie had died. To the secret life she kept away from me. . . But I was not just determined to find out what happened, I wanted the people who did this to her, to be brought to justice. . . They will serve justice for what they did to my partner. And in my mind. . . The only way to achieve such was KPD.

I started going to therapy again. It helped. I was diagnosed with depression. I was put on antidepressants to help me, and they absolutely did. I attended bi-weekly, talking about what was bothering me in the two weeks. I started to recover. I eventually made the decision, to stop hanging out with my friends from high school (excluding Mikhail). I loved them dearly, they brought me out of my shell, but they had also made me a mean person, which my psychiatrist had pointed out to me. I started focusing more on my studies, I was determined to make it. It was difficult. I was behind on all my classes, and since I couldn't focus, it made ever more harder. . . But I made it through. I started spending more time with Mikhail, who was essentially my best friend now. We spent a lot of time together, having bonded over the death of a commonly loved person. I also picked up my old hobbies. My psychiatrist said I was so worried about something happening to Sylvie, I forgot to enjoy myself. I forgot to take care of myself and treat myself to things. So I started gardening again. It was enjoyable. It was like having a kid, someone to take care of. Time started to move quickly, I started it enjoy the little things in life, until eventually, I was myself again. . . Not the same self I was with Sylvie - I don't think I'll ever be that type of person again - but I was happy, I was quiet, and I enjoyed living like that. My final exams came up. . . Without Sylvie by my side to guide me, it was difficult. It was like I had lost a part of me. But I pushed forwards. As the exams came along, it felt like I had gone back in time. To the time where Sylvie stood by my side, cheering me on as I went into my exams. I had no anxiety, none. Only the happy nostalgic feeling you get from looking at old photos of yourself. The exams were much harder though. Of course they were. I was 23, not 18. It had been 5 years since Sylvie and I had sat under the bleachers on graduation eating cupcakes. It was much harder now, but I was harder in the mind. I knew this, I knew everything on the test, I just had to dig deep in my mind to find it. As the bell for the end of the exam went, a wave of relief, the same as that back in the day swept over me. It was over. I had finished. I waited patiently with Mikhail for the results to be posted. It was about a week. . . And on that day, that final day, I was so scared to look at that the exam results. . . I made Mikhail read it out to me. . .
"87%. . . Holy shit Hanae." I felt like I was dreaming. . . 87%, I was astonished. I did so well. . . Even better than the first time. . . Mikhail did amazing as well, 75%. I was so proud of him. The silly boy who almost fell off the stage at graduation was now an adult, married, and so happy. I felt like a proud mum. Graduation day was emotional. . . People were crying everywhere, some for Sylvie, some for the fact they actually passed, and some for their onrain stories but that's besides the point. The moment I got the diploma, a wave of relief swept me, like a tsunami. Of course, Mikhail had to do a classic tripping on his robe, but he took it up a step this time. Instead of almost falling of the stage, he purposefully fell off the stage, landing in a rolly polly. Everyone burst out laughing, and for once, I actually gave a real smile. As everyone fled from the auditorium, heading to the spartan party, me and Mikhail stayed behind. We went under the bleachers, where Sylvie had asked me to date her, and we ate the same cupcakes, reminiscing on the memories of our childhood. How we met Sylvie, both of us telling different stories. "So I basically got stuck on top of a tree because I had the genius idea to climb it, and Sylvie saw me, and made sure to make fun of me, and help me down. . . We exchanged numbers, n' you know the rest." I laughed a bit at that. Yes, Mikhail is an adult now, but he's still the goofball who brought sparklers to a bonfire and tried to light someone on fire as a joke. I knew I would miss him if he ever left. But it doesn't seem like it'll happen. It's been 2 years since then and he still hasn't budged.

I decided to take some time to train my strength. I knew it was a big part of KPD, to be able to take long times of running, deal with combat situations, things like that. I paid my father a visit. It had been a while, but as always it put a smile on his face to see me. We spent a couple hours drinking tea, talking about my studies and how things have been with him. Then he helped me unpack. I was going to stay with him for a month, while he helped me train and then set out a structured plan for when I leave. He'd given me the guest bedroom. The walls were lined with elegant pictures of flowers, which I very much loved, reminding me of my love for gardening. Training was no easy task. My father may be a kind man, with a warm heart like a grandpa, but he was tough on me. He knew my potential, and he wanted me to reach my fullest. It was the most difficult month of my life. I woke up early, and practiced. I did weights, I ran, I crawled. It was like a military boot camp. But I knew it was for my future, I knew it was for my success. The month went by quick, but I saw improvement. I was sent on my way, back to my home, back to my place of comfort, but my father spoke a few words before I left. "Remember Hanae, you may only be a child, but you are the future of my family, and the world. I am proud of you my child." Such words stuck with me for the longest time. The kind words of my father always will. I arrived home earlier than I had expected, and immediately, I got to work. I'd seen applications for KPD had opened, and I took the opportunity by the throat. I put my everything into that application. Everything I had to offer was on the table. . . And yet, I was denied. I sunk. I had never felt more disappointment. I was overconfident. I never considered the level of the other applicants, only my own. I felt hopeless. If I didn't get in then and there, I would never get in. I know that now. But I remembered my father's words - "You are the future of my family." - And I persevered. I waited. I kept on training, keeping myself to the set plan. I kept up with my hobbies. I kept enjoyment in my life. And when the applications came around again, I was ready. As I sent off my application, I remembered a certain thing, that letter. The letter my mother had left for me. As I got into my home, I sat upon the floor, the letter in hand. Anxiety filled me. What was so important, that I could only know after her death? Only a few words were centered in the middle of the page. . . "Hanae. Your father and I were bad people, when we worked as officers, we ████ ███████████ ██ ██████ ███ █ ██████ We betrayed our friends, but you must never do the same. Be safe my daughter. You were my world." I simply looked up at the sky, staring at the stars. Such words did not affect me, but instead fueled my determination. My parents betrayed their friends, their allies, their boss. They broke the family blood line. And now, as I sat there on that balcony, on a cold Autumn day, I knew what is to be asked of me. Now I had to get into KPD, to fix what my parents had broken, to honour my family.

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, pocket knives are considered illegal weaponry, and if found on a person they will be arrested, with a base bail of ¥300,000 and an additional ¥100,000 will be added to the bail for every subsequent weapon that is found on them.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

1. Paracetamol
2. Cane
3. Birth Control
4. Iron supplements
5. Cough Syrup

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

Such things should never happen, ever. But in the case of such event, I would separate my co-workers, with the assistance of a fellow officer. I doubt any blunt force will be needed, but if so I would use my baton to temporarily immobilize the officers. After doing so, I would entrust my fellow officer in checking on the inmate, and contacting EMS if they need any medical attention. I would then inform the commissioner or a higher-up of such abuse, and leave it to them to decide their fate.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

In the case of my co-worker being assaulted, I would keep calm and compose myself. I would first separate the attacker from the co-worker, then if they proceed to attempt an advance in the attack, I would swiftly move behind them, and use my baton to temporarily immobilize them. Once doing so I would arrest them on the charges of assaulting a government official, and if needed assist my co-worker to the hospital if they do need medical attention.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?

Upon finding out such information, I would act fast. I would gather any evidence I have of such corruption and bring it to a higher-up or officer, along with avoiding such an officer until more assistance is needed.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

Upon such a bribe, I would reject it - I am not one to take money for freedom - and make a higher-up aware of such bribery. Along with this, I would hand out a fine, is any are applicable.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (@Yonio) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread